"Shimmer Dust"

Toni S.

Does anyone know or have they used Aroma Haven's "Shimmer Dust"....................... Is it the same as Mica Powders?? I sent them an email asking about this product and they haven't gotten back to me as of yet. I tried calling and the call goes directly to their voice mail. I'd like to try these out but they don't really state on their website what the product is? Any input is greatly appreciated. TIA

Edited by Toni S.

Hi Toni, I just saw this thread. Figured Id return the favor (reply for reply) :)

I have some Shimmer Dust from AH. I ordered some when I was in "stockpile mode" and went off ordering a bit of this and bit of that as result of the bath and body bug biting me. hehe.

Anyways. Shimmer Dust is not mica. It is glitter, its pretty fine, but not as fine as mica. What are you looking to use it for? It would fair well in soaps, body sparkle gels...I mixed some in lip balm and it ended up being too gritty for my liking, so if thats what you were looking at, I would say its not suitable for lip glosses or eyeshadow.

That being said, the sample sizes that I got of Diamond Dust, Ruby Slippers, Copper Canyon, Dusty Rose, Celestial Rose, Pretty in Pink, Wildberry and Bright Red......I love them all. The colors are amazingly pretty every one of them and for some of them the variations of sparkle effects are just breathtaking.

Now you have me wondering if Id be able to grind them down in a coffee grinder and get them fine enough for cosmetics. The colors really are that pretty.

Now you have me wondering if Id be able to grind them down in a coffee grinder and get them fine enough for cosmetics. The colors really are that pretty.

I don't think you could count on getting a consistent particle size - so would have some that are too big. Coastal Scents has 0.004 size glitters which are approved for cosmetics

Edited by CareBear

Thanks for the input! I was thinking about trying the Shimmer Dust in my CP's! I noticed it stated M&P, Lotions, Gels, etc. but nothing about CP?

What's your opinion? I hear ya on the colors, they are very pretty! Thanks again:smiley2: