Fundraiser Planning

Brenda (OH)

For all of you who do large fundraisers do you pour ahead to be prepared for the orders or wait until all orders are turned in?

I landed a big FR (big for me anyway). 200 kids with incentives provided by the organization for 20, 30, 40 etc candles sold per student. I will have 2 weeks to turn the order around and deliver. Since it is hard to tell how many of each will sell how would you handle being prepared ?

I have a plan but am wondering if I am thinking clearly amongst all the adrenalin - lol

I always pour when I get the order...it's always my luck that I pour too much of a few scents and can't move them. And with the economy the way it is right now...well you know.

If I find myself up to my eyeballs in the # of candles to pour, I take a Friday off and pour, pour, pour thru the weekend. I poured 1500 candles in 3 days...it can be done and a few beers and some old rock 'n roll Cd's wont' hurt either! LOL

Carrie

I also wait till I get the order to pour. You can never guess what is going to sell, or I haven't been able to. The only scent I could pre-pour would be Mango Sorbet - it is always the biggest seller for me, no matter the time of year. I have 2 going on right now and they choose that over some of the spices and Christmas scents.

I do all my wicking and label making in advance,,, cause somewhere down the road I'll always use those. However, I do my actual pouring of scents,, once the order has been turned in....

Mango Sorbet sounds yummyyyy... who supplies that FO??

Good luck with your fundraiser, Brenda. :)

SherriLynn I order it from WSP. I know I am the one that keeps them in business I order so much of it. Always order the 32oz size (think you can get it in larger but didn't want that) and seems like everytime I turn around it is gone!!