Facial Soap

Loulougirl

hear is what I do to save on oils, i do the oven hot process where i mix soap till heavy trace and put the pot in the oven for 2 hrs then let sit in oven overnight then reheat in the am....takes about an hour or so to soften again then add oils at that time and scoop in to mold and slam out air bubbles...let is set up and then slice

hth

• 3 weeks later...
hear is what I do to save on oils, i do the oven hot process where i mix soap till heavy trace and put the pot in the oven for 2 hrs then let sit in oven overnight then reheat in the am....takes about an hour or so to soften again then add oils at that time and scoop in to mold and slam out air bubbles...let is set up and then slice

hth

That is a great idea! :)Thanks!

Well I've been working on a facial soap recipe. I want to add essential oils, for their healing benefits, but I'm wondering if I should make it unscented, then rebatch and add the oils. What do you ladies think? :confused:

Not necessary, I add the EO's at the start, do room temp CP.

e

Forgot to say, careful with the labeling, you cannot make any medicinal claims, for example, you could make a tee tree soap, which is known to help acne, but you could not call it "Acne Treatment" or it becomes a drug and goes under FDA regulations. You could call it "Teen Dream" and say that Tea Tree is know to help in the acne war.

e