Newbie with a dilemma

Hello fellow candle makers. I just found this forum today and I have been browsing for hours now. So much info and advice. Wow. I wish I had had something like this when I first started out. I'm new to the forum, but not new to candle making. Ive been making for about 7 years now.

Anyway my dilemma is this.... I recently received a batch of wax that I've determined has some water in it. I know...I am so upset that these suppliers can ship this crap out to us, and not even worry about the quality because they all state "no returns or refunds"...Nice. So now I am stuck with this wax. I emailed the supplier to see if they have any suggestions on how I can still use this defunct wax. I have still (after 2 days) not received any response. So I guess they don't feel like even trying to pretend remorse.

Has anyone out there got any suggestions? I can't afford to just scrap all this wax. And what if I get more of it in the future? I would love to know if there is something that can be done to make this wax usable.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

The wax will be fine. Empty out any standing water and air dry until you use the wax. You will see water on the bottom of your melter and this will not affect your product. Wax mfg use water to cool down the blocks and sometimes the water seeps into the wax. No big whoop, you probably will hear some frying sounds and that sort of thing. I have had this several times and it presented no problems. It just kinda throws you for a loop when it first happens. I can't believe this hasn't happened to you in 7 years! Lucky. HTH

Steve

Well thanks for the quick reply. And the advice. I do still have some concerns though. There is no visible water ON the wax...it looks just like it always has. And it doesnt feel wet in any way. The only way I knew the water was in there is because I could see bubbles when I get to the bottom of a pour. Then after the candle sets up there are tiny bubbles on the bottom of the jars. And of course when you burn them they snap crackle pop. It doesnt seem to be affecting the burn time, scent throw or anything important. But I was worried it may be dangerous.

So when you say "air dry" are you meaning that I should just set the slabs out, say on brown paper bags, for a few days?

I think I have had a batch or 2 in my history that had water in it before, but never so much as to make it this noticeable. So I guess I have been lucky there.