IGI 6098 Victory Blend

DPS Morris wax sells it.

http://www.dpswax.com/DPS_index.html

I have bought and tested it against 4630, 4627, 6006, 464, and 444.

The top 2 for Ct & Ht were 6098 and 4627. They were equal in these respects.

6098 smokes less than 4630, 4627.

6098 and 4627 are generally more expensive than the others mentioned above.

6098 comes in slab form.

I have been using 6098 for production for tins.

I have been using 4627 for production for containers.

DPS Morris wax sells it.

http://www.dpswax.com/DPS_index.html

I have bought and tested it against 4630, 4627, 6006, 464, and 444.

The top 2 for Ct & Ht were 6098 and 4627. They were equal in these respects.

6098 smokes less than 4630, 4627.

6098 and 4627 are generally more expensive than the others mentioned above.

6098 comes in slab form.

I have been using 6098 for production for tins.

I have been using 4627 for production for containers.

Does it have appearance issues is that why you don't use the 6098 in containers? (wet spots, frosting etc)

I tested the 6098 and did get a nice hot throw, but the wetspots were awful...don't think it was my process or jars because other waxes I tested and the one I use now look fine in my jars.

I still have a slab and a half. If anyone wants to try it PM me or I'll just list it in the classies. I got it from Let It Shine and yes they are very pricey.

• 1 year later...

Ha - the thread is alive again. :smiley2: For some reason I did not answer an earlier posters question to me. I did not have any better or worse wet spots in glass with 6098 than 4627.

The reason I used 6098 for tins and 4627 for glass at the time was that I really liked the more translucent vibrant look of 4627 in glass than with 6098. Also I got a 4 year old box of 6098 from a supplier that stores their wax in a warehouse that is not climate controlled. I did not have confidence that I could get consistent boxes of 6098. And it is more expensive than 4627.

Coincidently, I have in the last two weeks recommended 6098 to two people here.

Maybe I can single handedly create a 6098 craze :cheesy2:

Edited by rjwhite6

• 1 year later...
Ha - the thread is alive again. :smiley2: For some reason I did not answer an earlier posters question to me. I did not have any better or worse wet spots in glass with 6098 than 4627.

The reason I used 6098 for tins and 4627 for glass at the time was that I really liked the more translucent vibrant look of 4627 in glass than with 6098. Also I got a 4 year old box of 6098 from a supplier that stores their wax in a warehouse that is not climate controlled. I did not have confidence that I could get consistent boxes of 6098. And it is more expensive than 4627.

Coincidently, I have in the last two weeks recommended 6098 to two people here.

Maybe I can single handedly create a 6098 craze :cheesy2:

:bump:

Hi, there! :laugh2: I'm really interested in testing 6098 Victory Blend because there are certain types of jars that are impossible to wick with my beloved 4627, are you still using 6098? A search of craftserver turns up quite a few comments from posters who tried every type of wick in 6098 and nothing worked, but the Morris Wax spec sheet says the HTP and Performa wicks are the recommended wicks for 6098, do you agree?

Also, the Morris Wax spec sheet says the max FO load is 6%, but can the 6098 hold more than that?

Some said they had a lot of wet spots with 6098, which is the same problem I had with 6006, so I'm wondering if mixing in a llttle 4627 would help with that? TIA

Edited by HorsescentS

• 1 month later...

I've used Victory Blend with CD wicks. The CT and HT is fabulous and glass adhesion is excellent (except for a tiny problem with the top pulling away). I've used up to 10% FO and it's probably too much - I could probably cut back. it's really worth the cost.

I've used Victory Blend with CD wicks. The CT and HT is fabulous and glass adhesion is excellent (except for a tiny problem with the top pulling away). I've used up to 10% FO and it's probably too much - I could probably cut back. it's really worth the cost.

Thank you! I read some old comments that you have to use a higher FO load with Victory Blend. I only use 6% with 4627, but with 6006, which is a parasoy like Victory Blend, I had to use 9%. How long does it take for Victory Blend to start throwing a scent? I think my 6006 candles took about 30 minutes, but the 4627 starts throwing right away.

Edited by HorsescentS

Jeanie, you mentioned you were doing a 50/50 blend, but if I use only 30% of 4625 will it be to soft for clamshells?

Oh HS...Wish I could answer that for you but I just don't know. I've only done 50/50 and haven't the slightest clue how 6098 would make the melts behave if it became dominant in the blend in release.

If no one else chimes in that they've already tried, I can pour one to see how it works since I have the waxes here.

Jeanie, you mentioned you were doing a 50/50 blend, but if I use only 30% of 4625 will it be to soft for clamshells?

I poured that blend this morning and just tried it now. They release really good imo. Would you like me to send you the clamshell so you can see it yourself?

• 7 years later...