Wow... these actually turned out

I was looking for something cute to do for the holidays and found these coffee cups at the Dollar store. I might dress them up a little with some sort of bow or ribbon. The burn pic is after 3 & 1/2 hours of burn time on 2nd burn. Awesome HT and CT. Opinions are welcome. The scent is Grandma's Kitchen from Cierra's Candles.

post-9408-139458458916_thumb.jpg

post-9408-139458458918_thumb.jpg

Edited by CandleLytes

I just started test burning the accu soy 10 last night. Burned for 5 hrs, and it did good. I used the cd14 in a status jar (filled to the top):laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:I got up early lit it again for about another 3 1/2 hrs before work. What kind of tweaking did you have to do? What size wick are you using or would you use in a 3" jar like mine?

Also I am wondering about the elevation here, I'm in Colorado 5000ft above sea level, do you think this would have anything to do with the wicking? I already know the cooler weather has alot to do with wet spots etc. Any feedback would be helpful and appreciated. So far I really like this soy wax.

Thanks,

Linda

Well the coffee cup is close to 3" across and on this I tried CDN wicks and used a #10. It did really well. I am on my 3rd burn and the wick is not too big, which I thought it might be. But as I am sure you are finding out, what works me may not work for everyone. I am pretty sure the elevation and weather greatly efffects the results of your candles. When I say tweaking, I changed my temps back and forth, different additives and so on. This coffee cup candle only has vybar, beeswax and UV Stabilizer. I used to do my own 70/30 parasoy blend because of the frosting but I really liked the way this guy burned so I might stick with this formula.

It looks really nice, the dollar store here has a small candy dish that might be cool, but ohhhh more testing. I think I'll hang for now.

What is the vybar for and what kind do you use? may I ask how much beeswax you use, I also ordered the white beeswax from Swans.

Talked to her yesterday at Swans about wicking the coconut wax, she uses an htp 105 for her 3" jar. They are switching suppliers on the coconut wax and she offered to send me a 1lb sample, I took her up on it. They are really helpful there.

Linda

those would be so cute with the wax coffee beans and some whipped cream

..or a mochachino bottom and whipped wax topping and wax chocolate curls.

...or eggnog candles with some sprinkled cinnamon. I would whip the wax too for the eggnog but I think the natural color of soy would make a nice eggnog candle.

They turned out really well. The tester burned great! A little mushrooming towards the last of the wax, but not bad. But unfortunatly I can not show any pics because the guy I was living with (for ten years) has now stolen all my candles supplies and wax claiming that because we broke up that they belong to him because he paid for the majority of the costs. Yes, he did pay for them but we were a couple at the time and actually the supplies were bought under my business' name, and his name is not on my Business License. The cops say I can't take them out of the home, it's a civil matter but I think those supplies should come to me because I am the one who put the heart, soul and effort in to the candles in the first place. I want to cry because I am just so pissed! But for those of you who would like to try those coffee cups they did awesome!!!