How do I lower a meltpoint?

I have a 50lb box of mystery was sitting around, I got it last year from an online vendor and it was suppose to be a 50/50 blend but it is hard as a brick and behave more like a pillar or tart wax. I guess I could use it for tarts but I don't make that many of them.

I emailed the company many times and tried to call and I never got any response:angry2: So I'm going to try and do something with this wax but was wondering it there is anything I can add to it to make it soften it up a bit!

Thanks

thanks willowBoo...I actually mixed it with both 4630 and 4627 and it still didnt behave nicely. I can't imagine what is in this wax to make it act that way. It actually starts to harden up as I'm pouring the last of it out of the pot, way faster then any blend I have ever used.:confused: When it burns it just tunnels down the middle, really hard to get a full melt pool, I guess I can try using it for tarts and see how that goes!

If you bought that wax from a supplier in NJ, I know what problem you are speaking of. Nothing I tried helped. I tried adding petrolateum (or however you spell it) and it didn't help. I used it for tarts. Votives had the same tunnel issue.

If you bought that wax from a supplier in NJ, I know what problem you are speaking of. Nothing I tried helped. I tried adding petrolateum (or however you spell it) and it didn't help. I used it for tarts. Votives had the same tunnel issue.

Hmmm...I think we may be talking about the same supplier...must have been a bad batch or something but it would be nice to have at least gotten a response to my concerns about this wax. I'm glad to know that I wasnt loosing my mind...sorry you had the same issue...did you ever get a response from them?

@Kimmeroo...that is a good idea...I have not tested it yet for that but since I have so much of it I might as well make up a few wickless and see if this stuff will melt...lol

@Darbla...I don't have any coconut oil but I have read here in the past that you can get it at Walmart?

@Stella....the only soy I have is 464 that I use to make my own 50/50 blend, will have to check out the meltpoint on that.

Thanks everyone for the great ideas :)