Now I know?????

LynnS

Now I know WHY I did lousy at my craft show in Sept.I always make almost $400.00 give or take a few dollars. Even when there were 30 candlemakers according people. I looked over the program just today. Well I am not on it. Seems I am listed (my booth) as Luster Jewelry. It said 2 spaces.I had one.The lady used to sell that jewelry but this year it was sheets.I wondered why I was so bored and not alot of people at my booth sniffing. Now mind you this year there were only 6 candle booths(with mine) and I only made $170. :angry2: Booth space is $125.00.

I have my program and will be sure and show them.I think next year I should get my space for FREE. :yay:

I blamed the economy. A few years people said they looked for me. Why look this year I wasn't there according to the organizers!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I did check in they had me there.Name and all and said booth 667.

LynnS

Hi...:smiley2:

I want to do more craft shows but everytime I do one I hardly ever sell anything..I got sick of wasting my money!:sad2: My question is..what size candles sell for you? I have 5oz.apoth.,8oz.sq.mason,8oz.jj,12oz.mayo.jar w/black lids.I thought I had a good variety..but maybe I should stick w/just one size? Also, how many scents do you offer w/o ppl feeling overwhelmed?

TIA...Kim

Edited by kimmeroo

XIXO

YES I should get a free booth. I had the same spot the last 4 years. I sent in payment before the program would have been done. There are always last minute people. I sent payment in at least 3 weeks ahead.

kimmeroo,

I stick with the 8 ounce JJ. THE ONLY JAR THAT SELLS. I like to have variety but people don't care. They want the cheapest.Tarts sell too.

I tried lotion, car fresheners, corn cob sachets, liquid hand soap and potpourri.Might sell one of each of those. The rest I brought back home.HTH

LynnS

When I did check in they had me there.Name and all and said booth 667.

LynnS

So you were the neighbor of the beast?

I think I'd call them and bitch a bit, right away. Start beating on them now, so you will be sure to get a deal. You might start off hinting for your money back. <shrug>

Oh yeah.I don't want 666. I might ask to be moved next year anyway.The building I am in is HUGE. People skim through or at least this year they did.

Any program with last minute people is usually done a few days before.I know when I paid for my booth. They can have the program ready to print and finish it out the last few days. I had the booth like I mentioned when I arrived to set up.

The lady who is next to me would have really got ticked. I was glad it was straight before I got there. She did have 2 spaces.665 and 666.

I like the people around me but just might be time to change.

LynnS

Holly,

That is a great idea. I hope they see it that way. Even though I made nothing I went ahead and pre-paid for next year.Hope the economy is better but now see I'm not in the program. One other reason sales were down.THis show is huge and people come from all over the US. Approx 150,000 in attendance and I do the BAD.I will bring that up.

This show is only 9 miles from me. I pretty much set up for shows nearby. When you have to be there between 6:00- 8:00 am you don't want to travel. We just got a camper and I know a few that set their campers and stay all night.They live about 13 miles from this show.Just a hassle to drive a distance when you need to be set up and working your booth very early.

I need to complain soon like dustpuupy said.

LynnS