How to melt tarts in a punched tin warmer?

Desertrose

We've bought some lovely large punched tin tart warmers from the US but now we can't work out how to effectively melt our tarts in them because they are significantly taller than a normal melt warmer/oil burner.

A normal tea light won't melt the wax as the flame is not high enough so we tried a votive but this makes the wax smoke at first and then as the votive burns to about half way down then the flame again is not high enough to keep the wax melt molten!

What do you guys use in these taller than usual melt warmers?

Tracy

Ok, so that is so weird it isn't electric being so tall. I can't imagine a tea light being able to melt the tarts. I think you may have wasted your money by the looks of it.

You can purchase the electric one's everywhere. They have little bulbs in them and are very pretty when lit and work very well.

I see they have a Halloween electric one that is 11 inches tall. This type is what you may want instead.

http://factorydirectcraft.com/catalog/products/0-18884-happy_haunting_halloween_electric_tart_warmer.html

Edited by Ring of Fire

We did buy one of the electric ones from there. Problem being your voltage and ours here in Australia are different.

My husband changed it over but in order to sell them we would have to get an electrician to do it so it works out quite costly.

I might try a couple of tea lights together and see what happens.

Tracy

Edited by Desertrose

We should just ask them. Seems a bit ridiculous that we're scratching our heads wondering how to do it, lol!

They are really quite nice though so we'll keep trying!

Today we tried putting three normal sized tea lights in it......was "almost" there, but not quite.

We may have to try the next tea light size up and see what that does.

Anyway, thanks for pondering it with us . If we find a solution we'll post it.

Tracy

Thanks for the link to the pic.

We DID put a votive in there to start with but I was worried because at first the wax seemed to be smoking way too much for my liking. Just "looked" bad if you know what I mean.

I know sometimes the tarts do let off tiny whisps of slightly visable smoke (depending on the burner) as they melt but I just thought what was happening looked way too iffy for potential customers to be contending with.

I watched as the votive burned down and eventually the smoking problem got less but as the flame got lower and lower the palm wax wasn't staying heated enough and began to crystalise around the edges.......so that was a problem too.

Pain in the bum really! :(