Joy wax

I used this wax for a long time until they started changing it, then I found it to be way too inconsistent for me. I liked it for many years of using but, like I said, when it changed I stopped. I tried making tarts with it but I felt like they were too soft for what I wanted them to be.

When I had used this wax before I liked the creamy, buttery texture and the way the candles I made burned. I used it for my container candles after trying it in tarts and not liking the softness of them. Not sure if this helps you out any or not but, thought I would tell you my experience with this.

Ditto what theresa said.

I used it for several years for containers only.

Even IF you could get the tart out of the mold...packaging would be a mess.

You could add a small percentage of Joy wax to another wax and make tarts.

I do that....80% votive wax and 20% container wax. Tarts pop out of the molds with no problem.

Exactly Maggie! When I made the tarts with Joy the packaging was horrible! The tarts would go in the bags but, they left steaks of colored wax on the sides. When I would put them in the box or basket, several different packages, they would be so soft that they would "mush" and "squish". The tarts wouldn't stay formed like they had to begin with. I didn't have so much trouble getting them to release from the molds when I would put them in the freezer but the end result was not what I was looking for in a tart.

I'm with the rest of them. I used joy when it first came out and loved it. I did, however find it too soft for tarts. But, after a couple of years they did something to the formula, although they claimed that nothing changed. But, it was too inconsistent, and I need my formula to work the same way every time. So, I had to go with something else. It's a shame, because I really liked the original product.

In my experience, NO wax has been consistant. You still have to test each batch and reevaluate your wicking etc. I am using Joy right now in a certain containerand it burns beautifully! I would use it throughout my line, but because of the cost and having to be able to wholesale my candles, I can't use it. Very nice throw, and beautiful set up as well. I can't complain one bit. I have never used the old version to compare. HTH:)

I have used Joy wax from the very beginning. And those that have said "it changed" are ,in my opinion, correct. It has changed somewhat. And yes Ive had a couple (only maybe 2 or 3) slabs over a period of 6+ years that caused me problems. Overall this wax is wonderful .The scent throw is awesome. I have also tried to make tarts with straight Joy wax, and found them too soft. Definitely. But they scent like crazy, lol. So all of the tarts I made with it, are just for my own use. I can tolerate the messiness and less than beautiful appearance. I would also recommend mixing the Joy with another, firmer, wax for tarts.