Help me!

Hi There! are you mixing your wax in a melting pot? after your wax is melted, add your candle dye, and then add your FO to it mix well to incorporate the FO. ( i take my pot off the stove to add my FO. this way you know your FO is mixed in really good. then i put the wax in my containers, or what ever application i'm doing at that time.

1. what type of candles are you making?

2. Never add fo to your candle directely.

3 you might consider remelting your candles down and redoing them.

There are some basic candle instructions on the left hand side of the page on here and links for Newbies.

I hope i have answered your question..

Good Luck!

Hi There! are you mixing your wax in a melting pot? after your wax is melted, add your candle dye, and then add your FO to it mix well to incorporate the FO. ( i take my pot off the stove to add my FO. this way you know your FO is mixed in really good. then i put the wax in my containers, or what ever application i'm doing at that time.

1. what type of candles are you making?

2. Never add fo to your candle directely.

3 you might consider remelting your candles down and redoing them.

There are some basic candle instructions on the left hand side of the page on here and links for Newbies.

I hope i have answered your question..

Good Luck!

Thanks for your reply:

1. what type of candles are you making? Making Soy candles in Glass Containers.

2. Never add fo to your candle directely. I always mix everything after my wax has completely melted.

3 you might consider remelting your candles down and redoing them. Will do! :) Thanks.

You might find more help if you post your question in the soy wax section.

And yes its right to blend your dye and FO into your pouring pot, let the wax cool to pouring temp, then pour into your containers.

You will find that soy wax is prone to different problems like rough tops, frosting, and bloom. Check out the soy section and you may find some answers.

What kind (brand) of wax are you using?

How much FO are you using per pound?

What kind & how much dye are you using?

Are you using any additives?

How are you cooling your candles?

Some soy-based waxes are more prone to rough tops than are others, contrary to what Top alleged. ;) Other factors can contribute to rough tops as well, so please give us more information to go on...