Truth in labeling

I'm putting together a mini-brochure with good, non-deceptive info about soy wax candles.

But I'm at a loss for how to phrase the "ingredients" of my candles. I'll be using GB415 with beeswax, so the wax is 100% soy, but it's only 97ish% of the candle. If I say, "100% soy wax candle with a touch of beeswax," is that deceptive labeling? Or might there be a better/clearer way to say it?

I'm probably overthinking it. Can you hear the sound of my head exploding? I'm sitting here, thinking about this, when people are out there selling "organic" candles ... Argh.

I'm putting together a mini-brochure with good, non-deceptive info about soy wax candles.

But I'm at a loss for how to phrase the "ingredients" of my candles. I'll be using GB415 with beeswax, so the wax is 100% soy, but it's only 97ish% of the candle. If I say, "100% soy wax candle with a touch of beeswax," is that deceptive labeling? Or might there be a better/clearer way to say it?

I'm probably overthinking it. Can you hear the sound of my head exploding? I'm sitting here, thinking about this, when people are out there selling "organic" candles ... Argh.

GB415 by itself is 100% soy wax. However, a candle consists of more than wax unless unscented and uncolored. Plus you said with beeswax so maybe you mean your wax is 97% soy and 3% beeswax...

Technically saying 'made with 100% soy wax' would not be deceptive but it could be confusing or misleading imho. As for how to say it better/clearer, that depends on why you are listing 'ingredients' on a candle and on what information you are trying to get across to your customers.

HTH

Edited by jennifer