New Lines for Summer & Christmas

RichardLOZ

We have been working on some new lines for the summer season and Christmas here, so I thought I would put some preliminary pics up for comment.

Christmas%20pillars.jpg

Christmas%20tins.jpg

Cinnamon%20buns.jpg

Cow%20candle.jpg

Jelly%20jar.jpg

The Christmas pillars are obviously feathering palm and are unscented. Was figuring that if people wanted to use for a table decoration, unscented would work better.

The Christmas tins have been rusted using spices, glue etc.

The mini cinnamon buns have been done in a mold that we made ourselves. Tracy hand moulded the initial mini cini out of modeling clay, which I then used to form the silicone mold. Some are iced and some are sprinkled with cinnamon for a different look. Feathering palm for the buns and pillar soy for the icing.

The cow candle is again feathering palm, which was poured at a temperature to restrict feathering. Scented with Fresh Cut Grass from NG.

Our new jars. This is not the correct label for this size. The label should be 1/2" larger but I am still waiting for my next order to arrive. Although the label says Black Magic, this one is in fact Snow Angels from NG. Just wanted to get a look at the jars with the label, gingham & rusty star. Glass Glow palm in this one.

Suggestions and comments most welcome, both good and bad :)

Cheers

Richard

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the comments :)

We've really been working hard (arguing much!) over how to present our candles as we've really changed from how we first started out.

My biggest concern are these new jars we've bought.

I think you call them jelly jars? Here we call them jam jars.

When my parents saw them they said they much preferred the apothecary jars we use for the soy candles.

They said (of these new ones) "they look like jam jars." and their consensus was that they would look nice in a kitchen byt maybe not in a living room or bedroom.

I'm just wondering how other people at the markets will view them.

Not that we've got much choice because for the container palm we are having LOADS of trouble trying to wick in the apothecary jars. :(

Tracy

One more here to add if I may. These are Raspberry tartlets, again with the original model hand molded by Tracy and then the result made into a 6 cavity silicone mold by me. We have also done these in Lemon Meringue and Blueberry, and may yet do some in Strawberry Rhubarb.

Thanks for looking and the comments :)

Richard

Raspberry%20tartlets.jpg

Great Job...I know it's hard to pick a jar....I started out doing JJ because I love country but not everyone here likes that style as much as I do. Then I moved to the Madison jar it is more contemporary. People do like that but I still have people who like the JJ too. So, you just never know. If they love country the JJ will go in any room if not I understand what your parents are saying. However, me personally if I like the way a candle smells I don't let it stop me from buying it no matter what type of jar it is in! :smiley2:

OMG they are awesome! I too love the cow candle. Very different. Job well done!!!

As far as the jar goes, I also buy based on the scent and price so the smaller jar may appeal to people trying to stay within a price point but still get an awesome candle. Just a thought....

One more here to add if I may. These are Raspberry tartlets, again with the original model hand molded by Tracy and then the result made into a 6 cavity silicone mold by me. We have also done these in Lemon Meringue and Blueberry, and may yet do some in Strawberry Rhubarb.

Thanks for looking and the comments :)

Richard

Raspberry%20tartlets.jpg

They all look beautiful. I want to eat these!!!

Linette

Awesome job Richard and Tracey. You've sure come a long way in a short time! You make a great team! I've been at this for a year now and Im still trying to get hubby to get the damn wicks in the CENTRE of the t-lights!

If you go into the mold making business, give me a yell!:yay: