Have you ever...

PattyZB

cut into a new batch of soap, looked at the bars and realized you cut the wrong way? I sliced my new batch like a loaf of bread when I really should have cut in half lenghwise THEN cut across so rather than skinny long bars I'd have square shaped ones.

UGH. Maybe i can cut the current bars in half and then package them the way I had wanted to cut them so customers still get 4oz but it's more square shaped...even though the 'squares' would be cut in half. Grrr

At least when i cut the other batch i did it the way i had wanted to.

Some people may buy them just because the shape is different. Especially the people who want guests to notice that they've got something all new and interesting.

Some of my candle customers used to like the odd shaped ones, because people would ask about them and they could brag about buying hand crafted candles. :)

Kinda like when your cat goes running through the kitchen, slips and slams into the fridge. Then it gets up and struts off like "I meant to do that".
:laugh2:

My hubby's cat used to get stuck in plastic bags after we'd unload from a shopping trip...he's run around like a freak then once he was out of the bag do a strut like that. lol

So.....I'm going to be doing this on purpose. One of my girlfriends saw this at a fair:

Square soaps with a hole drilled through the middle. A long piece of twine went through it and tied off at the end. Then another square soap about and inch and a half up the rope, tied off. And so on until you have as many soaps on a rope as you want. 2, 3, 4 or however many. People can hang them in their bathroom and cut off a square whenever they need a new bar. Different colors and scents can be used for each bar.

I'm going to do this for my holiday fairs.

Cool, huh?