Quick books questions

Lorrie

It depends which version you got..

QB Simple Start is free and I get upgrades for free.

But If you got an upgraded version of QB, you can use that one until it won't interact with a new upgraded version that QB puts out..

That is what happened to me a few years back.

The version I had purchased was fine for a few years, then I got an email saying I had to upgrade if I wanted it to function properly. Plus I could no longer email invoices and sales receipts unless I upgraded.

So basically.. When it gets outdated, they will make you upgrade..

Email or call them to make sure...

Edited by islandgirl

Don't need the inventory part yet..

Just the basic bookkeeping works for me. Easy to use and wonderful to download a copy and give my account for taxes..

Plus it's free!!!!

The inventory is the easy part for me, the bookkeeping is the hard part...

Edited by islandgirl

Lorrie,

If you need it for just books, then simple start is perfect..

Don't open the one you bought.. Return it if the Simple start works for you..

Download the free trial and play with it..

You can always upgrade later if you need more applications.

http://quickbooks.intuit.com/product/accounting-software/free-accounting-software.jsp

ETS: I see now they are selling the simple start for $99.95 for tracking 10,000 customers.. The link above is like a starter package for 20 customers.

They were offering simple start totally free before.. Guess they lost money on it since not as many people upgraded as they thought..

Anyway.. At least you can try it out and see if it works for you.. Might save you some $$ if you don't have to get the pro version.. :)

Edited by islandgirl

Lorrie,

If you need it for just books, then simple start is perfect..

Don't open the one you bought.. Return it if the Simple start works for you..

Download the free trial and play with it..

You can always upgrade later if you need more applications.

http://quickbooks.intuit.com/product/accounting-software/free-accounting-software.jsp

ETS: I see now they are selling the simple start for $99.95 for tracking 10,000 customers.. The link above is like a starter package for 20 customers.

They were offering simple start totally free before.. Guess they lost money on it since not as many people upgraded as they thought..

Anyway.. At least you can try it out and see if it works for you.. Might save you some $$ if you don't have to get the pro version.. :)

Ok another question... Since I am only going to use it for books and I have more than 20 customer I should use the simple start right?

Yes.. But go download the free version I gave you the link to..

It will let you enter 20 people in and test it.. See if that is all you need.

Then you can upgrade right online to simple start (If you don't need to track your inventory ) and it will transfer your 20 customer info over if you want..:cheesy2:

HTH

Yes.. But go download the free version I gave you the link to..

It will let you enter 20 people in and test it.. See if that is all you need.

Then you can upgrade right online to simple start (If you don't need to track your inventory ) and it will transfer your 20 customer info over if you want..:cheesy2:

HTH

Thank you!!!