Hello Everyone!

I am new here, so I thought I would say hello! I recently began making candles, which is something that I have wanted to do for a LONG time! Due to my lack of funds, it has been a very slow process. I have always loved candles, and am excited to be making my own! I have been reading some of your posts, and I think that it is so nice to have a place to chat with others about the art of candlemaking. So far, I have been using the comfort blend parrafin wax in my containers. It seems to be doing well, but is not a one pour as it describes. I would like to learn more about additives to maybe thicken it up and make the burn time longer, and where to buy the best fragrance oils.

Thanks for reading!

-Jenny

Jenny, welcome to the forum. Everyone has their own preferences to scents, waxes, suppliers, etc. - the more you read and test, the more you will know what you like. You can start out by posting what your working with (wax/fo/wicks) and what outcome you are getting, and where you want to take it.

• 1 year later...

Hehe! Yep, been here a while, but I will still gladly accept all the warm welcomes!!!! :) :) ;) It sure does take deep pockets, that is no lie! BUT, I love it, I can't help myself! What student loan money? Ohh, I have to pay that back???? LOLOLOL!:laugh2:

Hehe! Yep, been here a while, but I will still gladly accept all the warm welcomes!!!! :) :) ;) It sure does take deep pockets, that is no lie! BUT, I love it, I can't help myself! What student loan money? Ohh, I have to pay that back???? LOLOLOL!:laugh2:

You ARE getting an education here! Whatcha talking about? :P

On a more practical note it does take a lot of money to become knowledgeable in chandlering (I just made up a new word) and to do all the research and testing to become a professional in your field.

you are getting an education here! Whatcha talking about? :P

on a more practical note it does take a lot of money to become knowledgeable in chandlering (i just made up a new word) and to do all the research and testing to become a professional in your field.

exactly!!!

LOL You guys-- she's been here a year! This is an old thread.

Glad you are still with us Jenny. It takes guts and deep pockets to survive the financial end of this terrible addiction!:laugh2:

OMG didn't even notice that :laugh2::laugh2:Yes, Glad your still with us Jenny.:laugh2:That's about when I started too.