Mushroom on wick when I blow candle out

Hi all. As you may or may not know I'm a newbie. I've made a few votives and all seemed well UNTIL THE LAST BATCH, during test burn on this particular candle each time I blow it out I get sort of a mushroom looking thingy on the wick. Please, what's the problem?

thanks TO ALL THAT RESPOND

tUCKER

Are you using Zinc wicks? If so they usually do mushroom. I use Zinc wicks all the time and if you trim your wick before each burn they don't cause a problem. Some don't like the mushrooming so have found other wicks that work well for them. I have noticed that if you are using the correct size of wick mushrooms will still be there but not so bad. HTH-Mashala

Not to nitpick, but the mushroom is there before you blow it out, even it you don't see it. Other wicks do it sometimes too, but mainly the zincs. Was this votive the exact same formula as the others(type of wax, wick, amount of FO, same scent, etc)? Dit you test burn it differently? There are alot of variables. I may be wrong, but as I understand it, the less complete the combustion, the larger the mushroom. Maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in here ;)

I'm using the zinc core metal tabbed votive wicks and haven't had this problem with other FO's, maybe it's the FO that's causing this. It's not really a big deal because they burn great with a full melt pool and last about 15 hours with the wick trimmed to 1/4 inch after each burn

I'm using the zinc core metal tabbed votive wicks and haven't had this problem with other FO's, maybe it's the FO that's causing this. It's not really a big deal because they burn great with a full melt pool and last about 15 hours with the wick trimmed to 1/4 inch after each burn

I think you're doing fine! Zinc wicks tend to mushroom and if everything else is falling into place, you'll live with the mushroom! LOL

I think you got all info needed for the wick question. I just wanted to say hello and welcome to the board! Enjoy

feel free to read read read! you will learn so much just reading all the posts and the old board has sooooooooo much info!