When did you start selling?

mizbizzyb

I have finally mastered my wicking in the Tin Jars...Am 80% sure of my wicking in another jar, just doing some more testing. I do have quite a few gel candles that are ready. My question is, I am in the midst of doing my website and wonder if having only 2 jars for wax is enough to go ahead and sell.

What do ya think? :confused:

BTW ~ I have currently tested 8 scents...and will continue to test the other gazillion scents I have, and add 1-2 more scents to the site every few weeks.

I have seen quite a few sites with just a few jars and scent combos. As long as you are sure and confident about what you have tested and feel comfortable selling them then I say go for it. That's how I started. Start small and grow. Just my 2 scents (LOL) worth.

I would say when you are 115% positive you have mastered the wicking then go ahead and sell. I began with wickless so my testing was shorter, then I went to cut & carve which I am learning but again you do not burn them so it is a bit different. My pillars that I have tested burn great. I have my family test burning some for me as well.

When I first started selling I only had one size jar that I used, then I slowly started adding more sizes and different things in. I think it is better to have one really good product than several so-so ones.

I fully agree. I only do one size container but I do it better than anybody else! Earlier this year, I started pouring clamshells too :eek:

When I started selling I had one size jar and 5 scents. I had the same problem everyone was tired of waiting and wanted to buy. I slowly added a few scents and two months later I had 10 scents, votives, and tarts. I also had my very first fundraiser. It takes time but I believe that if you add them slowly it won't hurt your pocket book so much. Good luck!

I think if you are completely confident in your candles then sell them... it will let people know you truely care about what you are doing as you have few varieties as of now but the ones you do have are wonderful and will be well worth the wait of anything new. HTH

HUGS