refills for double glass

jenscandles

Hi. For those of you that make refills to send / sell with your double glassed candles, how do you go about getting the refill out of the glass container to send with the customer? I was thinking about loosening it with a toothpick but was concerned about making the ends "rough". I also just thought "pull it our by the wick" but knowing me I'd rip the wick right out of the gel. So I thought I'd see what other people do.

Obviously I can have the container brought back to me to just pour the refill but for people who burn them quite a bit that's not always practical. I've got one person in particular who is just that way.

Thanks

Jen

Didn't think as far ahead as packaging... I'm just thinking we have the double glasser down so far in the candle it's not like they can just pull the insert out and put in a new one. The person inquired about just replacing the gel with a wax tealight but after doing that once or twice you have the wax residue at the bottom, then your tealights are uneven in the container. :(

I always poured my gel tealights in the glass containers. Seems like there were issues when using the plastic containers and the metal are not "pretty". I guess the question would be, is it safe to place a gel tealight that is in a metal or plastic container into a glass holder? Seems like that would defeat the purpose in getting the light to shine through the gel as the tealight burns down. My glass tealights are a slightly larger diameter than the standard tealight.

I'll have to play with it some more. There has to be an easy way for the customer to pull the tealight out of whatever container it's packaged in and place it into their candle.

I'm probably over thinking it. My analytical side has a tendency to do that. :rolleyes2 Any more thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks!

Jen