Making Foam

ladysj

I've found the instructions for using straight paraffin for making foam but was wondering if anyone has a better way or wax combination for making this.

Just paraffin IMO is a little too stiff. Has anyone tried using gel & paraffin & whipping it or a container blend?

I've also added stearine/stearic acid to give the foam more opacity. Gives me more realistic looking white for the foam on my beer candles. You only need to use 1 Tbsp per pound of paraffin, according to the directions. I usually use twice that much though.

I have gone up as high as 50% depending on the project and the look I am going for. If it just in the container 50% if I want it to drip down the side of the glass I use a lot less between 15 to 25%. Now this is mixing with a pillar paraffin or soy not container wax. Also at 50% if you work fast enough you can squeeze the mix out of the cake decorating bags for some really cool effects.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
Help! I'm new at making foam. Mine looks like cool whip NOT beer foam. Frustrated. :angry2: I'm using paraffin container wax. Mistake? Did I not beat it long enough?

I never used container wax but used pillar wax instead. You could also try that if you have some. I did mine without mixing in gel.

• 5 months later...

Great picture Vicky! Interesting concept to add gel to the paraffin for whipping into foam. For my gel projects I always thought to use paraffin only for the whipped topping look. What does adding the gel to the paraffin buy you in terms of look and consistency?

Thanks,

Jackie

Edited by Sara

• 10 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...