Saltbars I made this week

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

NO magical recipe. Just a formula very high in coconut oil (say 80%) and add about 80% of the weight of your oils in salt. I add the salt just after my oils are fully emulsified or at light trace.

Not sure how they are exfoliating - maybe rough the first time or two they are used but then as they end up like polished marble.

I make salt bars so I ordered a couple to see how I like them. OMG I'm in love and I haven't even poured the soap yet.

JacquiO & DREWSMOM

IMO the fine sea salt that you buy at the grocery store works the best in salt bars. Since I have been using it I have not had a bar crumble on me. I use same about of salt and oils. Superfat at 8% I have read where some superfat at a much higher percentage, I have never tried so I am not sure what the difference would be. Also, I do 80% coconut oil as CareBear suggests.

Thanks Barbara AL you inspire us with your beautiful soaps.

Off to try my new molds:yay:

• 1 month later...

Winter Saltbar Recipe:

70% Coconut Oil

10% Shea Butter

15% Avocado Oil

5% Castor

Please put the percentages in Soapcalc to get the full water amount and lye amount some add Coconut Milk or use Aloe Vera juice as part of the water amount.

If using Southern Garden Scents molds Use 16 ounces of oils and 14 ounces of Non Iodized Salt or Sea Salt do not use Dead Sea Salt.

Happy Soapmaking!!

Barbara AL

Here you go!! Look under containers, Bags and Boxes.

http://www.diannassundries.com/Items.asp?itemtype=Containers, Bags, and Boxes&orderby=item_number&direct=ASC&pagetitle=Containers, Bags, and Boxes

On the website go to Products then go to Supplies and then click on Containers Bags & boxes you will find Anne's Bands on that page.

Barbara AL

Edited by Barbara AL