Saltbars I made this week

I used Southern Garden's Scents 6 cavity mold for $6.00 this is my favorite mold for making Saltbars!! I used 16 ounces of oils and 14 ounces of salts to fill the 6 cavities. I put my mold in the oven on 170 for 25 minutes and after 1 hour they just fall out.

mvc014fr.jpg

Purple is Love Spell, Raspberry colored is Black Raspberry Vanilla, Green colored in Cucumber Essence and the off white is Oatmeal Milk & honey with ground oatmeal in there.

Thanks for looking

Barbara AL

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful! I love all the colors. You always have such pretty things to show us. If you need to get rid of any of those salt bars you can send them to me.:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Rae

Rae,

Would you like for me to send some to you so you and your DH can test some? The saltbars feel so great in the Summer after being out in the hot and humid weather you feel so squeaky clean after using them.

Barbara

Singleyellowrose,

I like to keep mine out as long as possible to cure. I like my saltbars about 3 months after I make them the longer the cure the more milder they are. I might wait two or three months to wrap them then I shrinkwrap them with the ends open.

These saltbars I made today will go as Xmas presents by that time they will be really mild.

Barbara AL

Really?????? I certainly wouldn't turn that offer down. I'm in Texas right now, but will be back to Georgia end of next week.

Rae

Rae,

Would you like for me to send some to you so you and your DH can test some? The saltbars feel so great in the Summer after being out in the hot and humid weather you feel so squeaky clean after using them.

Barbara

Does anyone else make a mold like that, perhaps more cavities, that can go in an oven?

I do my salt bars in a 25 inch long log mold and I tell you, cutting them gets iffy sometimes as they want to crumble.

I like the idea of not having to cut them.

Thanks!