Need Wicking Help Please

ladysj

I have tried several sizes of LX wicks for container's that are 3" and 3 1/4" diameters. I can't remember the last size I tried but I believe it was an LX 30. It's just not getting the job done.

Any suggestions on what to try. I only have z's, eco's lx's a few HTP 105's. Any help greatly appreciated.

I want to make a root beer mug but I would like to find a wick that is close before I start experimenting. I have on most of them I've tested just poured the gel & took a hot metal skewer to poke the hole. That way I can change out wicks but I'm getting soooooo frustrated with this.

That one is tough like soy 3" and up in gel is a real challenge to wick. Do you have any RRD wicks maybe a RRD 55 or HTP 1312 maybe a 62-52-18z you are going to need a large wick.

Stick a hot poker in and changing wicks does not really work for gel I have had a wick that I thought was going to be to small but a 1/4 to 1/2 way down the gel catches up. Gel is not like other waxes the flame pulls the gel to it versus giving a regular melt pool say like soy or paraffin.