Watermelon Soap...

Donna-Do

Made some watermelon soap using silk & shea M&P soap.

I'm not real happy with the shade of pink I got though. :(

I'd like it to be more red like the tarts I have in the right hand corner...

Have any tips on how I can get a darker red with out it staining people's skin? lol The lather is still white so far. I used a liquid red soap dye, a clear red soap bar dye from WSP and even regualr food coloring in this one. I guess it's because I started off with a white base...Any suggestions?

TIA,

Donna-Do

9gbs68.jpg

That's what I was afraid of...Think I'll try the next batch using 1/2 clear and 1/2 white to see what it looks like. I didn't want it to be see-through, so it would look more realistic. That's why I started with the white base to start with. lol

Donna-Do

Use clear...get you a spray bottle of alcohol...You can use a loaf mold that is round at the bottom...Make a layer of green first...This will be the rind(??)not sure if that's how its spelled..Now,pour the red in...Use a clear base all the way though...Kind regards,the soap lady of longview,linda

rule of thumb..Clear MP = true shades

White MP=pastel or cream

Colorants for MP sould always be FDA approved and are suppost to be now staining...