PA Gathering

Abbiepql

Guest jurnalynn

i will be joining you this year....a weekend away from my kids longest i will be away from them since they were born not counting the hospital for the next one........lol

Laura

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw...that's sweet. I bet you will have fun getting away for a little while and being with the rest of us and then think of how happy and excited all of you will be when you get home! I told my son if he wanted to come this year he was more then welcome, he said...that's okay Mom - I enjoy the time when you and Dad are gone! See what you have to look forward too!

i will be joining you this year....a weekend away from my kids longest i will be away from them since they were born not counting the hospital for the next one........lol

Laura

COOL LAura! I didnt know you were comin...you will have a good time.

Guest jurnalynn

i was waiting for my mom to register i don't use credit cards.......lol now i just have to get the time off work

• 5 weeks later...

Abbiepql--I am sooo sorry I don't recall meeting you, but I am bad with that and I met sooo many people that year. It was a long time ago now, what year was that? '04? '05? it couldn't have been '06!?!?!?!

I should remember you when I see ya again..don't often forget a face...

Is everyone getting excited yet or what?

Gosh, that does seem like a long time ago, but I am thinking it was '05? You did the co-op with Nature's Garden and OBN and I put it on the website for the Midwest Gathering. Too funny.

YES - those I talk to seem super excited:yay: Everytime a box or another registration comes through - I am re-energized. It will be a GREAT time. Kimberly is a doll, helping so diligently and listenting to me ramble on and on!

PA Gathering News: http://lightsandlather.wordpress.com

Hey Lori - I called the hotel and talked to Sharon. She is going to look into the room issue. She said that it could be all the rooms in the block for Saturday were taken as we did not hold as many for that night as we did for Friday. But she said she would open it up for you - and add some more rooms to both nights as we still have some guests that need rooms. The rate is good until the end of June, so as long as the room are booked by then, the discount will apply.

Looks like I'm gonna miss the gathering again this year. We will be on vacation. From the looks of the website everyone is going to have a BLAST! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for next year. With any luck, we'll be in the new house and maybe I'll host a good ol' fashioned bonfire and corn roast! I'll be anxiously waiting the details.

Not yet...maybe someone in OH will volunteer! LOL I am thinking about doing a co-op on some SLSA and saving the guests shipping from me - I am in need badly and could save some money by splitting a large order. Maybe I will post it on the blog and see if anyone is interested.

If we can get up 50 lbs. worth, it will be like $4.70 - that includes shipping to me and no hostess fee since it's part of the gathering. I posted it on the blog.

Lori, they fixed your room and included you in the block for both nights. They opened up more rooms for both nights.

Regarding rooms at the hotel for the gathering...

I posted this on the blog and the Yahoo group - but I will mention it here - the Holiday Inn only has approximately 20 rooms left in the whole hotel for each night! So while our discount is good until June 26th, that is a mute point if there are no rooms left :shocked2:

Word to the wise...book the room! They will not charge your credit card - unless you don't cancel before 6PM the day of arrival.

We have seven seats available for registration!

Guest jurnalynn

i can get these items for a good price at the local amish store if anyone is interested let me know...........no shipping i pick it up

demerra sugar

citric acid

salts

Epsom

sea salt course and fine

dendritic

its been a while since i've ordered citric acid was 1.34 a lb everything else is under a dollar a lb

he gives me a really good deal

Laura

OK you guys are gonna break my bank before I get there. I could take a few pounds of slsa and some citricI will pick up orders from NG and OBN if anyone needs. I wouldn't really call it hosting a co-op since I couldn't offer any discounted pricing though. I would pick up from WSP but they banned me and I am not allowed to pick up there any longer. Abbie-let me know how this should be handled. I am not on the yahoo group but you could tell the people there and post it on the site. I would prefer people to place thier order and pay as normal but for NG in the special comments box you can enter being picked up by "my name goes here"OBN pretty much the same thing. Oh and should we ask NG if they would like to donate or sponsor or something..maybe I am getting ahead of myself here...I am sure there is much more I could say but that is all for now....

sorry I can't space out my posts again(I wonder how to change this)

I will open a section for each individual pre-buy on the blog www.lightsandlather.wordpress.com along with a link to the vendor. I will send a message out on Yahoo to see the blog for details.

TLC & Laura - if you will just check out my posts and make sure they are okay - comment to each blog entry if I forget anything and use that area to communicate with anyone that wants to get in on the free shipping - THANKS - that would be great! I know I need something from NG - I always need something from OBN! As for the Amish store, what a deal! Very KEWL.

Both NG and OBN are sponsors of ours currently, so they have provided for us already! I am sure they would appreciate the orders.

Banned from WSP? Okay that sounds like a interesting story!

Scented...you wanna get some slsa? Gotta have it for those dang shamoo balls!

i can get these items for a good price at the local amish store if anyone is interested let me know...........no shipping i pick it up

demerra sugar

citric acid

salts

Epsom

sea salt course and fine

dendritic

its been a while since i've ordered citric acid was 1.34 a lb everything else is under a dollar a lb

he gives me a really good deal

Laura

Lookie above Scented. :cheesy2: No shipping!!!!

SYR...Scented is flying in, so I bet she thinks she wont have room to take it back.

All I can say is bring an empty duffle bag and then put all your goodies in that and if you check the bag it should be fine!

I am sure SYR or I will slam that stuff in a flat rate box and send it to ya if need be.

I feel bad because I live in the middle of nowhere so I cant offer to bring anyone anything. I live close to my Jar supplier but I have a small car, so I cant bring jars.

Anyone else getting excited????

SYR...you gonna participate in the Yankee Swap Friday night? Lots of fun!!!