Indie Beauty Network?

missymssy

I posted in the business forum about not having much luck getting insurance, and joining the Indie Business Network was suggested as an option. It's $545/year, which I think includes the membership. My question is, does this network offer any other benefit to gel candle makers? I don't make soaps or bath products.

Melissa

yeah, if you would have asked me that same question last year i would have said the same thing. Actually i think there is a post on here where i said i thought it was pretty useless too.

But i think it is much better this year. No, there is nothing to help crafters directly as far as tip on to make candles and b and b like craftserver but it is more of a networking site to help you promote your business no matter what you sell.

I have to say it is much better then last year. I only joined for the insurance too. Now don't get me wrong, if it wasn't for the insurance i still would not pay to join, most of it is just info for your business all in one place.

She has a lost of guest on her show, she has started a home shopping network type of show where you can buy and chat at the same time, it was fun and i won a gift one time. Lots of advise and networking.

I'm not a member--yet. But, Donna Marie Coles Johnson, founder and CEO, is the featured guest speaker at the GA conference in April. I am looking forward to meeting her and hearing her talk and will then make a decision about joining.