Peach Colour?

Ok ,i feel like an idiot asking this.

I made georgia peach candles yesterday, and figured peach is light orange right. So i used 2 drops of liquid dye in a pound of wax, and well, they turned out yellowy orange. Not quite what i was hoping for. Does anyone know how to make a decent peach colour? I can not find peach dye chips or liquid dyes on my regular suppliers site.

I use color chips called Cantaloupe. They are a perfect peach shade. When I don't have those I mix pink and orange and hope for the best :). It's so hard to get that perfect peach shade without going over into the 'really orange' category. I'd make a small amount and pour it on a white sheet of paper to see if you have the color you're looking for...

DanaE

Thanks guys, I have orange and red liquid dyes so I will play with them tonight. Worse case scenerio, my supplier has Melon chips, i never thought to check under another type of fruit name for the colour :)

• 16 years later...

I use powder dye for my candles and i realy need help with this one i need to make  light peach candles for a wedding but all i get is peach i have used almost all my wax and is will not go lighter im useing red and yellow can someone please help me with this one 

The red and yellow powerd is also so pickmented if i use to much yellow it turns out yellow if i use to much red it turns out red so now im stuck with peach candles and it needs to be light peach