wick question

missymssy

Hi all. Do you all do 3 wicks for a 5" pie? If so, what sizes (type) gives you the best results? I have do dig out my notes, but I clearly remember not being happy with any. I just need my notes to know what I already tried...

Also, same question for the heart-shaped glass bowls from Walmart usually. I had only done them as a forever with an oyster cup, but thinking of three-wicks. Anyone already know that this is not safe before I try?

Thanks again all!

Missy

I do the pies with three wicks I like the HTP wicks in them Depending on how many embeds I put in I use as small as HTP 83 up to HTP 105 my blueberry takes a 105 there is a lot of embeds in that one.

I am the same as you I never made the heart in anything but the double glassed with gel I have made it a few times in soy but that will not help you.

HI Missy, Welcome to the board. I use three wicks for my pie candles. I use zinc - usually. You are sure welcome to look at my finished candles on my site. www.candlesbathandpotpourri.com

I love making gel candles and other candles using gel for topping and such. I think that they sort of lost favor with all of the scares about the danger of gel and because lots of people did not practice safe candle making. I have hung in there with them because I enjoy them and I still have people who want to buy them. As long as we are using gel safe supplies and do test everything, I think gel might just make a comeback. It is as expensive as heck anymore though.

Soapymomma

How about using three LX's? Has anyone tried that already? I was going to test one today, but you think three LX18's is to much? I'm testing a heart bowl now with 3 zinc gelwicks (62's), which I think is too much. I really don't care for zinc's, but they do give a good meltpool...

I don't mind them for my own use, because I do a lot of trimming and picking out all the black debris whenever I blow one out, but I know most customers don't. Then they end up with an ugly candle with all this blank gunk in it, and it reflects on ME. lol

Someone on an old board used 3 hemps in a 5", but I don't have those on hand to test.

Missy