couple questions...

missymssy

First off, let me just say I'm SO happy to find this board! I started making gel candles about 7 years ago, but only one here and there in the last 2 years. So, I just really got back into the swing of things, and considering doing home parties now. And I realized then that all the boards I used to frequent (one even had a fairly regular chat), many supplier links, links to pictures/albums of others' ideas/designs.....all GONE!:shocked2:

Please excuse this post for being long, but I figure I'll just throw out the questions that come to mind-feel free to jump in if you can help me out...

1)I'm almost out of the wicks I have (all zinc core), but I seem to recall a lot of people raving about LX ones. So before I order more, any thoughts on how these are for gel? Also, BCN carries a Gelwick, with a really high neck. Does this mean you don't use a crimp or anything? Which leads me to my next question...

2)Who sells metal crimps? I think the glass beads (Biomax) are still available, but is this the only option?

3)Finally, anyone have any links to pictures of finished projects? Someone did a really neat wedding one, where she had the invitation printed on clear paper, laminated and inside. But I don't remember it.

TIA-sorry for being so long!

Missy

I think all the old gel boards are gone.

Lx is not a bad wick for gel as long as the candle is not to tall. You still need to crimp if you sand come above the tab but the longer necks are safe.

Metal crimps I get my locally at the craft store. You find them in the jewelry making section.

I have not taken any pictures in a long while what I have are pretty old but if you look in the gallery and up in the tutorial section you will find some stuff.

Metal crimps I get my locally at the craft store. You find them in the jewelry making section.

:angry2: This is the most difficult thing! I just bought 2 packs of metal crimping beads, two sizes, both too small! Add that to all the glass beads I've bought (too big, too small...)

How come no candle supplier carries them if everyone uses them anyway??

Missy