Hi everyone !! I am a newbie to this board!

I must admit though, I have been lurking for a while :P I have found you gals and guys to be great for providing advice in all types of candles. You have answered quite a few questions of mine without me having to post. THANKS A BUNCH !!!!

I have been making container candles for 3 1/2 years. For the past year I have been using the Joy Wax but have been venturing out in testing other parasoy blends since the Joy Wax is notorious for sink holes. This wax is time consuming so I thought I would see if I could find another wax that compared in cold and hot scent throw. I am currently testing the J-300 wax and am loving it!! I use zinc wicks and so far I am getting great results. I was wondering, for those of you that use the J-300 do you find that you need to double wick a apothecary jar for heavier fragrance oils? Or have you been able to single wick?

Sorry so long for my introduction :rolleyes:

Brenda

Welcome to the board...we are glad to have you! I am new, too, so I haven't tried the J-300. Who makes that? I am always looking for new waxes that have better results than the one I am using. Currently my fave is IGI's harmony blend 4630. I do container candles in the apothecary jars and double wick because they have a 4 inch base and get a faster melt pool going than with one large wick. When I use soy I had to wick up even though it was double. I hope you get your answer!

Hi and welcome to the board, I double wick all my 4 inch apothecaries, I have used astor waxes, igi waxes and for a 4 inch apothecary 2 wicks is the way to go. Hope this is helpful Let us know how things work out. Cindy