World's Greatest Egytian Musk from Sweet Cakes

RNSandSCENTS

Recently I purchased a sample of Egyptian Musk from WSP & SOS, but they were kinda weak OOB and in my butter so I went to FOF to see who else had one. Now out of all the scents I have looked for NONE of them claimed to be the world's greatest, except the one from Sweet Cakes. So I say to myself, self, this must be a good one, right?

aHem...lemme just tell you, I am not one for being really negative about scents, BUT, when you throw out there that its the world's greatest....can you make sure it is? It smells nothing like any Egyptian Musk I've ever smelled. And whats worse, I remembered all those posts where they say that OOB is no judge of a scent....man it took me hours to get that smell off of my hands. Maybe its just me but does anyone else use this particular fo? Luckily I only bought an ounce but if anyone wants it, for the cost of shipping only, I will gladly give it away!:yay:

My friend candledungeon got some Egyptian Musk FO on sale at http://madinaonline.com/index.asp.

She said is was the best she has gotten.

I like Egyptian Musk and it sells well as an incense and roll-on. I also quickly sold out of the tarts and votive candles I made with it.

I used the SOS Egyption Musk which I liked but I had to get it in the Ultra Concentrate - the SOS concentration wasn't strong enough.

I'm interested in it if you really get rid of it, but keep it around awhile and see if it doesn't grow on you. :)

Darbla, honey, pm me your info and for the price of shipping only, you can have this, this stuff. NO it's not going to grow on me, it smells that bad. It reminds me of the smell of my History teacher in the 6th grade. She had white/blue hair and she wore Estee Lauder Youth Dew or Chanel something and both of them smelled just as bad....it was a very long semester.

This is IMO, one of the worst fo's( no matter where you get it from) I have smelled. I dont even bother trying to search for a good one, to many I have tested makes me gag.:lipsrseal

Now the one from SOS is nice. It smells like the Egyptian Musk that I am used to, I used to buy the incense years ago before I discovered candles. It's just too light. Maybe I should bump up the % a little and see what happens:confused:

My friend candledungeon got some Egyptian Musk FO on sale at http://madinaonline.com/index.asp.

She said is was the best she has gotten.

I like Egyptian Musk and it sells well as an incense and roll-on. I also quickly sold out of the tarts and votive candles I made with it.

I used the SOS Egyption Musk which I liked but I had to get it in the Ultra Concentrate - the SOS concentration wasn't strong enough.

My tester is in Extreme and its light. I will try it at 2% this time and see what happens. Hopefully it will work. Can you tell me, have you ever used it in b&b products?

I've tried several Egyptian Musks, including SC's, and I've come to the conclusion they all really stink!! :tongue2: I personally am a Masculine Musk fan and so are my customers and SC has the best and strongest IMHO!! :cool2:

Now, I will say that this was not a totally wasted effort. I did like Princess & Amber Romance. Those were nice. Now the Sandalwood Vanilla, I like Vanilla Sandalwood from SOS better. Since the Sandalwood is the strongest all I smell is burning wood in that one.

But thanks everyone for the comments. I thought maybe something was wrong with me, seriously. But this stuff, man I swear I can still smell it from Sunday.:laugh2:

My tester is in Extreme and its light. I will try it at 2% this time and see what happens. Hopefully it will work. Can you tell me, have you ever used it in b&b products?

Egypytian Musk is lighter than the regular Musk. It's powderery to me. The perfume that really smells like it is Windsong which my grandmother wears. I think that's why I like it so much because when ever I smell it it reminds me of her.

I haven't used it in B&B. I just sold it as a straight body oil and I did cut the Ultra with DPG and didn't get any complaints about the strength. Sometimes when you cut the ultra and extremes they smell nicer.

HTH,

J

Egypytian Musk is lighter than the regular Musk. It's powderery to me. The perfume that really smells like it is Windsong which my grandmother wears. I think that's why I like it so much because when ever I smell it it reminds me of her.

I haven't used it in B&B. I just sold it as a straight body oil and I did cut the Ultra with DPG and didn't get any complaints about the strength. Sometimes when you cut the ultra and extremes they smell nicer.

HTH,

J

I had no idea that one scent could have so many VERY different versions! I have a feeling that the one I ordered in this co op is going to be the same....ugh! I will likely order a larger size of SOS' version and test it some more and see how that goes. Thanks for the information!

I really like the Egyptian Musk from Oregon Trails Soaps. Once, when I was running low on it, I ordered some of the 'World's Best Egyptian Musk' from Sweet Cakes, seeing as how I was ordering something else from there at the time and I thought I could kill 2 birds with one stone, so to speak. Ew, yuck! I was so disappointed with it when I opened the bottle and took a sniff. It smelled nothing like what I was used to with my Oregon Trails version. To me, the Sweet Cakes 'World's Best', so called, smells just like a foot deoderant spray that my brother used to use back in the '70's. Blech! Not good.

The Oregon Trails version, in comparison, smells like a nice musk with a pleasant hint of vanilla.

MarieJeanette

Why don't you get some incense blanks and dip in it? See if if acts right that way. ;)

I can't imagine this fo acting right in any application. It's just that bad. It smells like urine and flowers. :laugh2: I am sorry for such a gross description but thats all I can compare it to...other than my middle school history teacher!:laugh2:

OK I'm resolved never to try this stuff ... but if you something good with Egyptian in it ... Egyptian Dragon from Southern Soapers. Good stuff and it isn't Egyptian Musk, but this thread makes me think of things that smell good are needed and that FO is one of them.

OK I'm resolved never to try this stuff ... but if you something good with Egyptian in it ... Egyptian Dragon from Southern Soapers. Good stuff and it isn't Egyptian Musk, but this thread makes me think of things that smell good are needed and that FO is one of them.

I think I've gotten a sample of Egyptian Dragon in a body butter once and I did not like it either, though I do not know the source of that particular fo. This Egyptian Musk that has been banished from my home :laugh2: was far worse than that though.

Well now you're just being difficult. :laugh2:

*in baby whining voice*No I not.:laugh2:

It was explained to me that Egyptian Musk comes in different types. The type that is similar to Egyptian Dragon is more of a perfume type and muskier (is that a word:confused: ). The Egyptian Musk that I like is typical of one that is found at a flea market, which is where I first smelled it. It is a much lighter scent, its kinda hard to describe but the two smell nothing alike. Kinda makes me wonder if one of them should not be named something else. The one I have from SOS smells nice but its just so light. I will likely order one from them and see if it does well in application.

SOS has those tiers of choices. I don't know what one you used, but maybe get one that's thought to have more strength. I don't like tier systems. To me, sell it how it should be or don't offer it. That's simple enough for me lol.

I don't like their system either Scented. All of the oils that I have purchased from them are Extreme strength and do well in application. But what I have been doing is when I place fo oil orders with other companies, I order little samples of oils that I have from SOS just to see if there is a difference. For example....SOS Pearberry smells good but the pear note is light....it was a free 1/2 oz sample. So I decided not to buy my fo from them, I went with WSP based on reviews and it is a dead on dupe of the BBW Pearberry. I think its silly that you have to pay SOS top dollar for fo that I can get from another company that's not only cheaper but of better quality. And then if I wanted to scent a candle, I still have to buy yet another type in order to use it in a candle because the cosmetic extreme grade is not recommended.....*sigh*