Yankee Wax again

Hi....I know...no one like Yankee..LOL I was talking to a supplier about some formulas for containers. I am having a hard time getting a 4" diameter jar single wicked....and I hate double wicks....so he says to me that he believes...but doesnt know for sure, that Yankee has a parasoy blend that makes their candles smoke less and burn better side to side. I am assuming thats wrong because they mottle....but thought I would see what everyones thoughts are....can that be possible??

Try using a CDN 18-22 for a 4" container. ;)

with my wax I wick a 3" with a CD 20.... wondering what torch should I get for a 4"!!

Now I'm making some testers and they are quite large (can't remember the size but it's above 3.5") and I'm using two CD4 in the smallest and three cd4 in the largest, and everything seems fine.

The CDN and CD are the same but with the CDNs they have a special coating that helps burn veggie waxes better. Stella will be able to give you the technical terms, she know a lot about the CDNs and has help me a bunch.

But I just wanted to say I never had any luck single wicking a 4 jar, and I also hated double wicking so I decided to stop pulling my hair out and changed jars. So if those wicks dont work for you either and your like me HATE double wicking I would say which jars.

Good luck and sorry if I wasnt any help.

Also check out these site for lot of great info on wicks and they might be able to send you some free samples of wicks

www.wickit.net

www.wicksunlimited.com

The CDN and CD are the same but with the CDNs they have a special coating that helps burn veggie waxes better. Stella will be able to give you the technical terms, she know a lot about the CDNs and has help me a bunch.

But I just wanted to say I never had any luck single wicking a 4 jar, and I also hated double wicking so I decided to stop pulling my hair out and changed jars. So if those wicks dont work for you either and your like me HATE double wicking I would say which jars.

Good luck and sorry if I wasnt any help.

Also check out these site for lot of great info on wicks and they might be able to send you some free samples of wicks

www.wickit.net

www.wicksunlimited.com

THANKS .....I am stuck with 10 cases of 4" diameter jars.....so I HOPE IT WORKS! :grin2:

JBN carries sizes 8-22. I use Naturewax C3 and the 22 worked well for the slightly tapered side container I used. I use a CDN 14 for my 3" containers, so as you can see, other kinds of soy wax, container styles, FOs, dyes, etc. may cause YOUR candles to have different requirements, so you'd need to 'speriment. Some take a smaller size; some take a larger size.

I like the CDNs because of the treatment applied to them to help with oxidative effects of acids. They seem to burn more efficiently and clog less than CDs although I have no science with which to back up that statement - just my impression... Stands to reason that they might work mo' better for single wicking a larger container if that treatment stuff is true... ;) Anyway - worked well for me & mine. :)

JBN offers a sampler (5 each of 8-22) of their CDNs and Antonia kindly provided the links to Wickit & Wicks Unlimited from whom you might be able to obtain sizes (other than 8-22) to test. They are now called Stabilo KSTs - the name changed but hardly anyone actually calls them Stabilos or KSTs... manufactured by Heinz-Verhaegh.

JBN carries sizes 8-22. I use Naturewax C3 and the 22 worked well for the slightly tapered side container I used. I use a CDN 14 for my 3" containers, so as you can see, other kinds of soy wax, container styles, FOs, dyes, etc. may cause YOUR candles to have different requirements, so you'd need to 'speriment. Some take a smaller size; some take a larger size.

I like the CDNs because of the treatment applied to them to help with oxidative effects of acids. They seem to burn more efficiently and clog less than CDs although I have no science with which to back up that statement - just my impression... Stands to reason that they might work mo' better for single wicking a larger container if that treatment stuff is true... ;) Anyway - worked well for me & mine. :)

JBN offers a sampler (5 each of 8-22) of their CDNs and Antonia kindly provided the links to Wickit & Wicks Unlimited from whom you might be able to obtain sizes (other than 8-22) to test. They are now called Stabilo KSTs - the name changed but hardly anyone actually calls them Stabilos or KSTs... manufactured by Heinz-Verhaegh.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!