1.5 ounces Beeswax

.5 Virgin Coconut Oil

1 ounce Kokum Butter

1 ounce Shea Butter

1.4 ounces of Jojoba oil

.5 ounces of Sweet Almond Oil

.1 Hemp seed oil

2 or 3 teaspoons of Fragrance of choice

Melt butters in a stainless steel pot on low add liquid oils and then fragrance last pour into Clam shell molds or twist up tubes let cool.

Barbara AL

Yes you can put it in a small soap mold but don't pour real hot. I just love this recipe someone else said to add a couple of drops of glycerin to make it glide on real smooth I think I am going to try this next.

I would use only two teaspoon of fragrance oil in this recipe.

HTH

Barbara

I hate to ask a silly question.. but we're having an "weather day", so I'm at home with nothing to do but watch tv and play in the kitchen :)

Is there a lotion bar recipe that uses things I would already have here at the house or something from the grocery store around the corner? For purposes of just playing around on an icy day, can I "solidify" some regular lotion using soy wax?

Thanks for your help and sorry for the silly question.

I'm not sure how to answer your question - I have no idea if it's even possible, but I'm stuck inside with 1/4 inch ice on the ground, so I have nothing better to do today :) I don't even know if it's possible to do this - that's why I asked.

As for what I have... I use a soy votive wax (V1) for making tarts and due to dryness during the winter, I have lots of various lotions around.

Any ideas would be appreciated - I guess nothing ventured, nothing gained :)

I posted a recipe 'lotion bars a la Anne" which is a simpler recipe. But it does contain beeswax, so if you don't have that lying around the house, I don't know how well all soy wax would work. The bars might not harden very much since that's what beeswax does. If you're thinking of making lotion bars by adding soy wax to ready-made lotion, I have no idea if that will work. But go for it--what else do you have to do?

Merry Christmas to All!