Wax Prices Decreasing

I see where Lonestar has decreased their IGI waxes by $3.00 - $4.00 per case depending on which wax it is

Hopefully the rest of the suppliers are able to do the same as they replenish their existing stock

And hopefully this is a sign of things to come and we see more of the same as all the manufacturers give further price reductions

I hope the prices go down alot but I'm not counting on it. A few weeks ago I took advantage of Candlewic's sale and paid $66 for a case of CBL125. The regular price has been around $75 for a while. The 4045H has been about $75 /case for a while too. I paid $40 for my last one.

No, $3-4 a case isn't drastic. Didn't the price per case go up something like $30 or $40 over the summer. So hopefully we'll see a more substantial decrease soon.

Yep, the 6006 went way up to almost $100! I hadn't realized how much it had gone up, and I was shocked to see that much of an increase when I went to order some. At least we saved on shipping~~DH picked it up from Candlescience.

Hopefully it will go down soon when the suppliers go to order more.

It's just like gasoline. When it goes up, it goes up $10.00 at a time, but when it comes down, it's a couple dollars at a time.

My wax has gone from $48.00/case to $121.00/case in a little over 2 years. 2 years from today, we'll see where the price is.

Fredron

I am so hoping that they go down DRASTICALLY. I think NGs is pretty fair. They keep their scent prices down. And some are really good. So maybe they will do us right on wax too. It would be nice to make some money or give our customers a break too.

I spoke to someone at Candlewic and they said that they are hearing February will be when prices start dropping. I think that is as good a guess as any.

I have a place where I can buy wax locally and I buy the ecosoy advanced. It is normally $65.50 a case but until the 15th they have it on sale for $59. It's not a huge savings over some of the online places but when you figure in the cost to have it shipped it ends up saving me over $40 with it being on sale and being able to go pick it up. I'm not making the volume I once was now but with Christmas coming up I have had a little increase from my regular customers that I sold to on a continuous basis and I am making alot for gifts again this year.

It would sure be nice to see the prices go down and stay down but I don't think that is likely.

Wax prices in general were on their way down. However, a paraffin price war has erupted between the N. American and Asian manufacturers. Dramatic drops in the price of paraffin are due by end of Dec. 2008. This will likely push prices on all paraffin based wax blends down as well. Expect prices to move downward for the next few months...until someone "blinks". Who knows what happens after that.

What is bad, is having to change our prices so much. My customers hate it when they go up. They like it when they go down though. I kinda wish they would go down and stay the same. Again, the jars keep changing prices for me. I have changed jars 2 times lately because of price increase, or decrease. They went up 3.00 a case. Then they got some new ones in that was 3.00 a case cheaper. That is enough to make that change. Hard to keep them uniform, changing that often. I bet my customers think I am nuts. :embarasse But I don't want to raise the price if I can change the jar. I think I will go jarless, and wickless. That will solve it. Heck, waxless too. Just sell oils.