What's with the new Indie Beauty Network site?

ah-soy

A few weeks ago, I visited the site to browse, as I've done often in the past... also wanted to check out their insurance. You could access their member list, go to the websites, basically look all around the site.

Yesterday morning, I visited again and could not access any of the links without getting a required 'sign-up' page. So I signed up, just to get access to the site, look around and hopefully find the info I needed about insurance. Got a message that my 'membership' must be approved by an administrator ???? What's that about....don't they want my business...don't their members want me to be able to visit their sites...24 hours plus later I'm still waiting to be 'approved' ... Geez, I'm seriously thinking about not joining. What benefit would it be if a nomal joe can't access my links without signing up and waiting to be 'approved' based on the fact that they entered their email address, name and birthday....BAD business IMO!

vent over...I think...

Also, if you sign up they have your email address and can send you emails or sell your address to others (not saying they do that, but it's possible unless they state othewise).

It could also be a marketing tool they use to state that they have x amount of subscribers, so that vendors will see the potential audience they have for their message and will pay to advertise with them.

Thanks for your replies all. I clicked a link in the Indie Beauty Blog to be taken to their site, where I signed up and still haven't been approved to browse.

Diamond, the URL you sent me (thanks!) is to the site I normally visit...can hop all around there...guess they have two different sites. One for members and one for non-members.

Thanks again everyone!