LMAO from NG... Funky?

Grumpy Girl

The last pound or two of Lick Me All Over from NG that I bought is not acting/smelling like the same FO I've been using for the last few years when it comes to CP. I did a few batches of CP out of a newer bottle bought in October that reeks of chemical and roses even after cure... odd.

Anybody else notice anything different in your CP. I've had one of my wholesale accounts notice it, as well as a few customers so I've pulled it for the moment. In candles it's still fine, so I'm thinking the lye is doing somthing funky to it. Maybe they subbed out something, I don't know.

Of course, nobody at NG answers the damn phone this week either so that doesn't help.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed anything.

I've never used it in CP, but I use many fo's from NG and notice that many of their fo's that used to contain phthalates are now listed as phthalate free and they are making a point to point that out on the specific fragrance page rather than make you search for it on the MSDS page...could be it's been re-formulated?

The last pound or two of Lick Me All Over from NG that I bought is not acting/smelling like the same FO I've been using for the last few years when it comes to CP. I did a few batches of CP out of a newer bottle bought in October that reeks of chemical and roses even after cure... odd.

Anybody else notice anything different in your CP. I've had one of my wholesale accounts notice it, as well as a few customers so I've pulled it for the moment. In candles it's still fine, so I'm thinking the lye is doing somthing funky to it. Maybe they subbed out something, I don't know.

Of course, nobody at NG answers the damn phone this week either so that doesn't help.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed anything.

Not an answer to your question, but i had the same problem with them not answering. I stayed up late ( time difference) cause i messed up soemthing on my order and they wouldnt answer their phone, so i emailed, and it was answered that day. hth

The last pound or two of Lick Me All Over from NG that I bought is not acting/smelling like the same FO I've been using for the last few years when it comes to CP.

I have noticed this with many of their oils recently!

I am noticing this in candles!!!

They are not wicking the same, nor do the FO smell the same..

I called last week, no answer..

I have inquired about this with NG twice, but have not heard anything back yet.

GG - Have you spoke to NG about this.??

I have noticed this with many of their oils recently!

I am noticing this in candles!!!

They are not wicking the same, nor do the FO smell the same..

I have inquired about this with NG twice, but have not heard anything back yet.

GG - Have you spoke to NG about this yet??

I tried calling them all day yesterday and the day before, I guess an email is next. Something like this I prefer to talk to a person about but I don't think it's going to be possible.

I think you're right about the phthalate free formulation, which is what I was thinking. To me, it's a horrible scent now when it morphs in CP. You'd think they'd fully test this stuff.

Islandgirl

You have got me thinking.I only use a couple FO's from Nature Garden.Just starting to buy some BUT I am having the worse problem with my other fragrances from others. I blame the fo's but I cannot figure out why I am having a BIG wicking problem when I never had one before.

My smaller jars are harder to wick than the big jars.Have tested over 6 wicks and none work.I am going for the biggest for any other wicks. Forget the smaller wicks.I want the big ones.Touble is I have used the largest in some types of wicks and the worse burns.

WHAT IS UP WITH wicking problems, fo's, wax and dyes?????? I have even gone to testing 3 new waxes for this jar.If it takes a whole diffrent wax for them that it will be that.

Can you tell I am frustrated!!!!!!!!

LynnS

And the sad thing is that the phathalates (or whatever) used in FOs are not even harmful or dangerous - they are among a large class of chemicals a few of which are bad. So suppliers making pt-free versions are just playing up the unreasonable fears in the first place...

It's like saying carbon is poisonous just cause gasoline is...

I have had several and did get a hold of one lady there not too long ago. She was not only hateful but got rude with me! I was really upset over that. I ordered the Apple Dumpling in smaller bottles. Got it, made it...really awesome. I sold every single one I had and went back to order more in the 16 ounce size. I got it in, and it smelled exactly like their cinnamon stick. I thought, maybe its just me...but sure enough, my husband came home and noticed right off the bat. He said thats not the dumpling one. I called and she got mad and said that I was mistaken and that there was no swap or mixup. I told her it had absolutely no apple or crust smell to it like before and she said, "well we can't have it all" then hung up on me. I was really mad because I spend quite a bit of money with them and noticed on several occasions that stuff has been changed or did not smell like before. My customers have also noticed the difference and will not buy the "swapped" scent ones.

And the sad thing is that the phathalates (or whatever) used in FOs are not even harmful or dangerous - they are among a large class of chemicals a few of which are bad. So suppliers making pt-free versions are just playing up the unreasonable fears in the first place...

It's like saying carbon is poisonous just cause gasoline is...

Carbon CAN be harmful. so can water. It's all up to the consumer and I prefer not to use them myself, because of the studies I've seen on dep.

I got their sandlewood, but it was nag champa. I called them, and they refused to swap with me. I still use them, but I don't order either of those scents with them. I bet they hear a lot of junk on their side. They have to, to be so rude. Not the first time they have been rude to me either. I have been with them for 10 years. My orders used to be in the 500. range, now they are 100. orders. They lose. :grin2:

Yanno...I thought it was me! I took a break from candle and soap making for the past 8 months and just got back into it using the same recipes and methods for both soap and candles. Purchased all new equipment and supplies. Every NG fragrance that I just bought and tried (never really use NG for soap, just candles) didn't seem right. First I blamed the wax even though I bought the same wax I always used...then the wicks....I swore something changed....then I figured it was just my nose. So far, NG's are just sitting on the shelf. I can't bring myself to use them. I don't think it's because of the "Phthalate free" because I'm using FO's from Just Scent and hers are Phthalate-Free, and I don't have any problems with them. I think maybe NG re-formulated.

I'm using FO's from Just Scent and hers are Phthalate-Free, and I don't have any problems with them. I think maybe NG re-formulated.

Well, since last nite I thought about this. Some of the fragrances I recently purchased came in their original bottle and some came in their bottle that has a new look. It didn't dawn on me till this morning and after looking, that I only tried the fragrances that came in the new bottles before giving up on using them. I mis-quoted myself when I stated "Every NG fragrance that I just bought and tried didn't seem right". I didn't try every one...but the ones I did try were in the new bottle.