Water-Proofing labels

Yep--well, if you mean smudgeproof, anyways. I used to use the clear labels, and printed them on an inkjet printer. DH would spray them (outside on the porch--the fumes stink!), and they turned out really nice. I used Krylon crystal clear acrylic spray.

I 2nd this, and you can buy a can at wally world in the paint department cheap! (altho, I love the smell of krylon) LOL.....must be candle nose.

The kind I got was in the craft section, probably made it more expensive :rolleyes2 Next time I will look for WalMart brand. I am all about saving money when possible. Though I wonder if it is possible when you do what we do :confused:

If you ever do an outdoor craft show, even with a canopy, you'll find out. Most canopies are water resistant, not water proof. And then there's the time when you'll have to set up or pack up in a downpour. Or the time when some kid spills a coke on your display.

I'm sure you get the idea.

Fredron

I'm so glad someone brought this up. I just started using clear labels and couldn't remember what kind of sealing spray to use and also if it was waterproof.

You are so right Fredon about outdoor craft shows. I've had many a label ruined from rain, mist, etc. Its a pain in the butt to redo labels.

I don't know if anyone has added this so I will...

when I used my inkjet printer for B&B I used the spray stuff to waterproof but it eventually chipped off. Once I switched to a laser printer spray coating wasn't necessary. I have tons of sugar scrub testers in my shower with laser labels and the labels are outlasting the sugar scrub testers!

ah-soy was that on the clear labels? What kind of laser printer did you use. I have just always had Epson Ink Jet Printers and always liked them. So far the spray is working real good. I have one in shop on a spray bottle of alcohol that I use all the time and hands can be wet and it is still holding up good.

• 1 month later...

Ok, I went looking for this at walmart yesterday but could not find it. And i even asked the employee in the paint department about it and he pointed me to Krylon Triple-Thick Crystal Clear Glaze and said this is what I was looking for. I stayed there and kept looking for the right one and/or the walmart brand but had no luck. So I just got what he told me to get. Well maybe I dont know what I am doing because there are bubbles all over my page and also it makes my paper look blotchy, but they are really shiny. Does anyone know what I did wrong. And by the way how long does it take for the smell to go away, these bad baby stink still and I sprayed them yesterday.

So anyways can someone please let me what the walmart brand is called and if you could post a picture of what it looks like that would be fantastic. Thanks so much.