Wilton Icing Colors for B&B colorants

RNSandSCENTS

I tried this today and at first the colors are REALLY intense and vibrant. But after about 30 minutes, nothing. I added more color and it did the same thing. Is there a trick to using this or do I just need to use my boring color drops? Can someone please help me figure this out? Is it the fo? Is it me? Is it both?

Only thing I know of that people have used them for are bath bombs. They aren't, to my knowledge, something I'd be using for products that were for others to use, including bath bombs.

If you're looking for some vibrant colors, TKB has some that are stable in a variety of things, including lotions.

Scented, I just placed an order with Sweet Cakes for fo's...an experiment of sorts. Anyhoo, I was going to purchase some colorants and these are the colors that they suggest for bath & body and m & p soaps so I figured what's the harm? According to what I've read on the SC website, here and on other forums, most are saying that these colorants are the same as the ones the FDA ok's for skin? I tried it today while the color was still in the product and it did not stain or anything. ETA: as a matter of fact the thread I read was in the b & b gallery for parfaits...

Can you tell me what TKB is? Can you give me the link?

Might be on Wilton (what you say), but was always preached to that they were a no no for B&B coloring so I don't use them. If that's what they're saying you can use, go for it, but it's just what I've heard and read in other places that said no. Personal use was OK, but not for selling ... when it gets drilled in enough I listen lol.

Might be on Wilton (what you say), but was always preached to that they were a no no for B&B coloring so I don't use them. If that's what they're saying you can use, go for it, but it's just what I've heard and read in other places that said no. Personal use was OK, but not for selling ... when it gets drilled in enough I listen lol.

I understand. We have discrepencies in the nail industry like that too no harm done. Thanks for your honesty.

I could not get TKB to come up either....does anybody know of any other colors that I could try? I really have overspent with start up and would hate to lose more money buying colors that just don't work. TIA

I'd tell you to look into Southern Soapers, but not till she gets her new colorant lol. Think that's some time after the start of the new year.

Peak's carries some stuff too. You might look there. I haven't really tried others ... well OK I have, but not sure what more the colors from Tradewinds are good for except soap, though I don't know if they will work in M&P.

I have used the Wilton colors (the paste) in syndet shampoo bars and bath bombs with no problem. I do find that you have to use more than you would normally for icing but the colors have never changed on me. I must say that I have not used them for lotions or anything else so I do not know why you are getting that result.

Trish

I am testing each color in a butter recipe that I scraped that was uncolored. The culprit could be how I added it. I was adding the color in with my fo and all those morphed. But the one I colored after the preservative and fo was added and immediately put into a jar is still very pink. So I am thinking maybe the fo did it....who knows. I am going to use my liquid color from Peaks for the time being, which by the way, also changes colors from time to time, and just watch these Wilton colors to see if they can hold there color.

Thanks everyone for their replies. I think I will likely invest in some BB colors after the holidays.

I would also recommend TKB, just make sure to read all the info for each color to make sure it can be used in the products you make.

I love that you can get the sample sizes from TKB. There is about a teaspoon in the sample and that is plenty for testing. They have a 30 color sample pack that is a great deal.

If you want to go with Bramble Berry colors, I have a set that I'm not using. Let me know if you're interested.

I would also recommend TKB, just make sure to read all the info for each color to make sure it can be used in the products you make.

I love that you can get the sample sizes from TKB. There is about a teaspoon in the sample and that is plenty for testing. They have a 30 color sample pack that is a great deal.

If you want to go with Bramble Berry colors, I have a set that I'm not using. Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks Carrie! I will definitely let you know....