question

Guest meredean

Guest meredean

Does anyone use peaks cotton wicks? Do they work good and mushroom less then other wicks? Have a good throw? Or are the same as other cotton wicks at other suppliers?

Also has anyone used the simple soy wicks from WSP?

Thank You

Meredith

Hi Meredith. I use Peak's cotton wicks. They do mushroom a little less than many wicks. I like them a lot. My only complaint is that they fall over in the candle once they get down to the bottom. This is because of the sharp angle bend at the wick tabs when the wicks get stuffed into the bag. I have to cut off the tabs and retab mine. This is on the C-30 wicks. Maybe larger wicks won't do it. And yes, the throw is excellent for me. I would also test the LX wicks which are the next closest in the cotton line. Other cotton wicks mushroom a lot more than these although both these still mushroom. HTH Coconut

Hi Meredean

I have only used the RRD wicks from Peak, but they definitely mushroom in my soy, and I haven't gotten a full MP after three test burns on my candle...

However, I am still very much a beginner, and the melt pool issue could be due to a number of things, such as needing to wick up, or use two smaller ones in my 4" diam jar. The scent throw is fabulous, however!

I think I am going to try a pack of the Cottons from them with my next order.. I do have some HTPs here that I am going try also, but I can't stand the mushrooming I am getting from this RRD. Even after trimming, within an hour i have that unsightly fungus on my tip! Lol..

Happy Testing.... let us know if you order and test! :D