I think I finally found a recipe I like for body butter!!!

RNSandSCENTS

Thanks everyone! Tweaking recipes is expensive but my skin never felt so good! I found something else that doesn't bore me!:yay:

It does look nice and fluffy and so creamy.

Is it whipped butter or lotion?

This is a butter. I don't whip it anymore....that was the problem. I'd get way too much air in there and it would look not so nice. It's not quite as dense as I would like it to be but we can work on that. As for now, this ones a keeper!

Looks very lovely! You're sooooooooooooo joining the next swap, ya hear me? :D

Ok, ok, ok....I'll think about it...how's that? :yes:

Ya, when you make it big, dont forget the little people that inspired you:wink2: If you ever make an unscented version, I want to try that.

Make it big....yeah ok. I will be making butters Thursday & Friday, I think *scratches head*. I can take some out for you then. It's not a problem.

That actually looks like something I may want to roll in :D Looks great!! Wish I could make this stuff.

Thanks. And why can't you Scented? You can do it....I was struggling until I found Jennie and this board. I'm telling you my butter was less than, well I can't tell you what it was but it was awful. It went from disgustingly greasy to aired out to the point of seperation from just the air! You have to try....you can do it....I have faith in you!:yes:

I am still working on candles too. See you can make those and I struggle at anything larger than a hex jar! But I am getting better with every new test candle....I can't give up, so you gotta try!

8-Gran-Ones, I started out making soap, but eventually jumped into the body butter and scrubs and like making them much better. Probably because its safer and talk about soft skin, you can do it.

Scented asked me to do a tutorial for my body butter, and with all the madness hopefully over after the 1st of the year, I thought maybe I would, BUT now Im thinking Tinna should:p

I have not been brave enough yet to try lotions, body butter...But yours inspires me to want to...:D Could you go one step further, and give step by step directions...I would love to make some...Scented if you will try,,,I will too..:) ..

My instructions....honestly....I used the instructions from the lotionmaking 101 tutorial. I read it about 20 times. It is really a great tutorial with excellent pics. Just change the ingredients so it applies to your butter, else you'll be making lotion instead:laugh2: . The one great thing in that tutorial is the instruction not to use a stand mixer but to use your stick blender. This is where I kept sabotaging my butters before by incorporating way too much air with the SM. I only use the SB to mix the water, additives and oils and then I put the pot in a sink of ice cold water and let it cool. Every 30 minutes, I scrape down the sides and hit it again with about 5 shots with the SB and walk away. I do this until it gets really thick...you soapers call that trace, I think. Once it drops under 90 degrees I add the preservative, cover it with a clean, white towel and leave it overnight. Sometimes if I did not have a towel, I just covered it with wax paper, only after it was at room temperature though. You would not want the wax to melt in your butter. Read that tutorial and give it a shot.

Scented asked me to do a tutorial for my body butter, and with all the madness hopefully over after the 1st of the year, I thought maybe I would, BUT now Im thinking Tinna should:p

Oh no Missy! If you promised Scented a tut, then you should do it! Now double :P :p to you!:laugh2:

My instructions....honestly....I used the instructions from the lotionmaking 101 tutorial. I read it about 20 times. It is really a great tutorial with excellent pics. Just change the ingredients so it applies to your butter, else you'll be making lotion instead:laugh2: . The one great thing in that tutorial is the instruction not to use a stand mixer but to use your stick blender. This is where I kept sabotaging my butters before by incorporating way too much air with the SM. I only use the SB to mix the water, additives and oils and then I put the pot in a sink of ice cold water and let it cool. Every 30 minutes, I scrape down the sides and hit it again with about 5 shots with the SB and walk away. I do this until it gets really thick...you soapers call that trace, I think. Once it drops under 90 degrees I add the preservative, cover it with a clean, white towel and leave it overnight. Sometimes if I did not have a towel, I just covered it with wax paper, only after it was at room temperature though. You would not want the wax to melt in your butter. Read that tutorial and give it a shot.

Is that 101 soap tutorial on our tutorial board?

Is it the whipped soap intructions?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...