FO per once

You may have to be heavy handed if the fo is light out of the bottle, but if it is heavy you may have to lighten up. It depends on how strong you want your soap to smell and what type of smell it happens to be. I like heavy fo when using creme brulee or pumpkin spice but light on the florals, like tea leaf and jasmine. The fragrance lasts on the skin for a good part of the day but not so heavy that you gag.

Chuck

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm glad I read this because I've only ever used EO's.. I'm just beginning to venture into FO and I was a bit lost. My batch of grapefruit came out very nice, but WAY too light. I used .25oz per pound, it smelled strong in bottle, but very weak after cure. Snowdrift farms reccomends .25 on their website, at the top of their FO page.. so thats what I went with. Wasnt enough... Try try again I guess!

I'm about to drop a whole lot of cash on a whole bunch of FO's (using some of your faves, ladies... so I am SO GLAD this is here!!) so this is really helpful.. I think I'll aim for the .5-1 next time. I'd rather have it a bit strong, honestly.. that seems to be what pleases my customers the most. Not my favorite to have the scent stick with me all day, but they seem to like it and dont seem to care or know the difference between FO and EO when I try to explain it so... I guess, customers always right!

I love this scent. It is a wonderful unisex scent. I hope you like it as much as I do. :)

I'm sure I will. I absolutely love OT (hate the plastic bottle crap going on now!)

Plus, I want to try to get to the fo's that are strong so I can use .5 pp in CP like I do in MP. I need to watch my bucks!

Wow! 1oz per pound! I always thought 5% was pretty high fragrance load for soap but I guess if it works.

I use anywhere from 1% (.16) to 4% (.64) depending on the strength of the fragrance. Anything more and I feel that I might as well bathe with a bottle of perfume. But I also only make HP soaps so the FOs and EOs don't lose their strength or morph after the cook.