Business license??

moniek

You can also check with the Small Business Administration to locate your local SBA office. They will help you get your business started and info on where to go to get your license and zoning certificate. I had to get my zoning certficate before I could get my license. I also had to register at the Courthouse my biz name then had to go to both town and county offices for my license. My SBA office helped me with all of this.

How & where do I get this at? I live in Ga. I'm not sure where to start. I have my website up & running. Thanks for any tips:D

I live in GA as well, I'm in Stone Mountain. I got all of my info off of the georgia.gov website. Alot of stuff you can do online, like registering the business and getting an EIN #, I don't know if you can get the actual business license there.

I live in Ga as well and have to go to the courthouse. I live in a small county normally it does not take too long

How far is Shiloh from Stone Mountain?

Ok, not sure what I need to get. I am trying to get a sales and use tax number, all I have gotten so far is a big run around. It's just gonna be me, no employees. A web based business at home is all I am gonna have........

Have you decided what type of business structure you want? Based on what you said, sounds like you are looking for either a sole proprietorship or an LLC. Look over your available business types and decide. The state website offers First Steps business guide that looks like it has all of the information you need.

Where are you getting a run around from? The decisions are yours to make.

I called my county office, and I dont have to have a license unless I'm in the city limits. I'm not. I told her a home-based website is all. I finally got ahold of someone that led me to the sales and use tax forms to fill out. Am I missing anything??:confused:

Well, technically you might not have to file a registration, BUT you wouldn't legally be able to claim taxes, losses, profits, etc. at the end of the year. Plus it's only a few bucks and you can ensure no one takes your business name in your state and sets the name in stone for precedent if someone tries to steal it.