Cold pour

Rosies

I have several questions here.

Has anyone tried the in the mold hot process soap method?

(In the mold hot process soap or ITMHP is soap that is cooked (baked) in a mold in the oven.) I just read about this.

If so will there be a problem with goats milk soap?

Would I still line the wooden mold with freezer paper?

Would I put the lid on the mold while in the oven?

I just bought this mold on ebay so I need to ask the seller if it has any glue in it. Haven't gotten it yet.

I want to give some soap as gifts for Christmas but time has slipped up on me and I don't have time for regular CP to cure so if I can use this method I can maybe still do it. Please say you've done this and it works great!

BTW I don't want to do the hot pour soap.

I have several questions here.

Has anyone tried the in the mold hot process soap method?

(In the mold hot process soap or ITMHP is soap that is cooked (baked) in a mold in the oven.) I just read about this.

If so will there be a problem with goats milk soap?

Would I still line the wooden mold with freezer paper?

Would I put the lid on the mold while in the oven?

I just bought this mold on ebay so I need to ask the seller if it has any glue in it. Haven't gotten it yet.

I want to give some soap as gifts for Christmas but time has slipped up on me and I don't have time for regular CP to cure so if I can use this method I can maybe still do it. Please say you've done this and it works great!

BTW I don't want to do the hot pour soap.

I would not do a milk soap in the oven since milk is a heat accelerant in soap and your soap can over-heat. A soap that over-heats is not pretty. lol To keep my milk soaps from over-heating, I go so far as stick the mold right in the refrigerator where I leave them.

It is always wise to line a wood mold otherwise your soap will stick and will be very hard to unmold. Keeping a lid on soap can help prevent/reduce ash.

I think the process you are talking about is making CP soap and then sticking your mold in the oven. There are a few variants on this process. You can pre-heat your oven to warm or around 170 and stick your mold in there. Some turn their ovens off as soon as they put the mold in and leave it there to cool over-night. Others might leave the oven on for 2 hrs before turning it off and then leaving the mold to cool in there over night.

No matter what your process, all soaps benefit greatly from a cure. Sticking the soap in the oven and discounting your water can cut your cure time down a bit, but you will still need to give it time. Soap improves with age.

If you can get that soap made in the next day or two and won't be giving until x-mas, it should be O.K. - it's pushing it a bit though. You can include a note that says something like, "To allow for a better bar, please do not use before (date)."

Meridith

Thanks for your reply. I'd forgotten about the goat milk heating up the soap. I will put it in the frig. Thanks for that tip too. I plan to make it today so it will be close on the cure.

I checked with the seller for my mold and it doesn't have glue so I can use it for the oven method for other soaps it I decided to try it.

Kidsngarden

I don't like the rustic look so I won't do hot pour