Holding the wick?

I don't make ALOT at one time, but I really like these. They are fairly cheap, and work very well. I put a clip where the wick comes up to keep it taught.

These are the only things that have worked for me to keep the wicks very centered.

You can find them here http://www.peakcandle.com/category/Miscellaneous.aspx

I love these things! I have some that have holes all the way across because I double wick my jars. They have different sizes that you can order depending on your jars diameter.

I use the wooden skewer sticks from the grocery or wally world. Each stick will make 3 "bars" for folding the wick over for the small jars, makes 2 for the wider jars and I use a whole skewer for the large enamel mugs. Been using those for 8 years and they work just fine and they are cheap. Haven't used the other types though. I use wicks that are relatively stiff due to the wax coating. Don't think they would work very well with a wick not heavly coated with wax though.....

Just thought I'd mention.

I use two popsicle sticks rubber banded together at one end. Then I pinch the wick in the middle of both sticks and add another rubberband at the other end and it hold my wick straight and taught until the candle cools. If this is hard to understand I can add a pic I guess. Just let me know.:wink2:

I use either two methods. Instead of popcycle sticks, I use flat, thinner coffee stirring sticks and hold them together with a paper clip at each end. For centering you can mark the sticks with a pencil or permanent marker in the center and then outward like a ruler.

The second method is to use a length of metal mini-blind. I punch a hole into the center (large enough for a wick) with a nail or philips head screwdriver, then rule lines equi-distant from the hole outward to aid in centering. I use a paperclip to hold the wick tight.