Changing Candle Containers - Good or Bad

summerbug

Hello - I know everyone is in their busy season, but I was hoping for some opinions if you have a min....

I am considering changing my container for my candles next year. Has anyone done this and if so, how did it affect your sales. I just wonder if changing the containers might turn existing customers away?

THanks!

I've never done that...mostly cause I'm not selling candles yet, but maybe you could add the new jar before you discontinue the old and sell them side by side for awhile...that may tell you which jar people prefer, or if you'll lose any existing customers. Just a thought...

I've changed jars so many times and no one seems to really care.

For the longest time my look was country. I decided to redo everything...business name, booth display at shows and jars. I've gotten more compliments on my new look than I ever did before.

I still use the shouldered jelly jar with antique pewter lid from Fillmore Container and I pour baked scents in those. Everything else is poured in the Madison jars. I introduced the Madisons last Christmas at my open house. I poured only one scent in them just to see what people thought. With all of the compliments and the fact I sold all that I had poured...I decided to go with the Madison.

I changed jars this year in starting August first. Since the cost of wax was skyrocketing, I had to start finding jars that all of my suppliers had and not just one. While I love different and unique jars, it really came down to costs and the need to appeal to all people, not just the country look. I've had one customer complain but she still ordered her usual lot. I also revamped the website and all of my labels at the same time because I felt that I needed something fresh and changing jars was a good time to do it all.

We've changed jars several times. As in some of the earlier posts, some customers didn't like the new jars, but an equal number did. All the fuss died away after a week or so. We keep the prices the same for the same size jar. That way we never have someone saying we changed to a smaller jar but kept the price the same. We do not even look at cheap jars from foreign sources. We stick with US mfrs. That way we can get a consistent supply and quality of glassware.