Would you be irritated?

Hi,

Just a quick question! I ordered 500# of wax, before I ordered, I asked if I could get a price for shipping because if I wasn't gonna save quite a bit, it wouldn't be worth it. I got a quote of $94. Today I got my confirmation and was charged 132.00 for shipping. Would you be kinda ticked off?

TIA

Hugs!

Michele

The quote was given by an actual person and not the shopping cart, right? If it were me, I would go back to this person and ask why there was a discrepancy. Had the quote been $132, would you still have bought? If so, then I wouldn't be too upset, but I'd still query as to why there was a discrepancy.

Hi,

Yes, I made sure to call and get a shipping quote because I thought it would be more accurate than the shopping cart. The wax is only like 4-5 hours away from me so that is why it it probably seems like not that much. I did order 2 bags of 100 wicks but she said they would be able to just put them inside the wax boxes to save me more shipping. I had them shipped to a commercial business to save on shipping...wow, not much savings there! They are supposed to be delivered today so guess I will see what the deal is. I hate calling and complaining but that just kinda ticks me off so guess I'm gonna have to. Thanks for the thoughts, at least I know I'm not being a jerk about it!

Hugs!

Michele

Hi,

I hate calling and complaining but that just kinda ticks me off so guess I'm gonna have to.

Don't feel bad calling.....

That is 30+ dollars towards Christmas, or a dinner out at Sonic!! LOL

If they quoted you the exact shipping cost, then demand it..

If the person who quoted you this price fights you. Talk to the owner..

Why line their pockets with extra $$ for Christmas!!santa mad

Keep us posted...

We ordered 14 cases a while back. We asked that the clerk send it the cheapest way - freight. When we got the wax, it had been shipped UPS; the charge was $14 per case. I called the mgr and was told that their policy was to ship UPS but the weight should have told the clerk to ship by freight. They refunded us the difference. Great customer service. BTW. we normally order wax by the pallet. The freight charge for us for a pallet is $94-98. A lot depends on the company you buy the wax from. They have many options for a shipper. I have found that spending a lot of time insisting they use the cheapest carrier works. They don't normally care.