Bath Bomb failure and 1/2 success

Melly

These are the bath bombs i made this weekend. The ugly ones, are scented Lavender, and work nicley. I put one in my sons bath, thinking he would like it , and it terrified him LOL. He kept moving from one end of the tub to the other shouting watout watout (his little version of watch out)

The smooth ones are scented Citrus and Corriander (mmmm) I upped the FO to 2ml, because I love a strongly scented bath. Now , if only I could get some complete balls, I am going to try subbing 50% of the oil with castor oil instead of Sweet almond oil, will post those results tommarrow!

IMG_0001_1_3.JPG

IMG_0002_2_1.JPG

IMG_0003_3_1.JPG

I know you have had some time figuring them out, BUT it looks like your there. You could always take 2 halves and shrink wrap them together. The benefit w/ this is that people can choose to use both or just 1 half a ball. Did you end up spritzing the smooth ones to get them to turn out so nice? (and did you use alcohol or witch hazel)? I'm cheating by asking as I have yet to get back on my bath bomb bike after falling off :D

LOL re: your son- they definately say the funniest things :)

Maryann

I was conidering packaging 2 together, as I find the amount of oil in the tub a bit much, or getting a smaller mold for baby bath bombs, as lots of people like the tub with a full large one in, if they didnt , they wouldnt manufacture them that way.

To get rid of the fugly bath bomb problem, I unmolded them onto a clean towel, wrapped the towel over them and put them in the oven for about an hour at 175 degrees. I then left them covered overnight. I also sprayed the mixture with the alcohol and mixed steadily , rather then dumping and mixing like mad. If it got too dry to mold, I just sprayed it a few more times again.

"Watout Watout" OMG that is hillarious, poor little guy has been traumatized by his mommy's bath bombs!! LOL :D

I can just picture him in the tub trying to escape from them!

I really like the idea of putting two halves together so that the consumer can choose to use half or all together. ;)

I've never tried a bath bomb before (I mean bought one to use in the tub), so they must fizz up right? I mean that must be what frightened your baby right? :confused:

It seems that these things are kinda tricky, but it looks like you've got it mastered now.

VERY NICE!

Yes, they do fizz and the one i gave him was littlerally chasing him accross the tub. I got yesterdays batch to stick together, I adjusted my oils and added castor, and found that it held them together great, and with a whole one in the tub, they did not feel at all greasy. It was raining when I made them , so I had 2 of 4 fizz a little on my depsite the oven, Just need to tweek my dry ingrediants and I should have them mastered. You have to try one, they are great :)