online order?

LynnS

Again I have a order. Not one where payment didn't go through because they may have changed their mind but payment went through and the first part of the order came through telling how many of what BUT the part where the order comes through with the different scents they want for the candles/flower pot votives is the one thing that didn't get through my e-mail.

I think computer went off like about that time and poof no complete order form from the on-line order.

I e-mailed the customer thanking her for the order and e-mailed to her what did go through for her to see and asked what scents she wanted for all votive and candles. No answer since yesterday so at a loss on what to do. Sure can't fill the order.Could send money back I guess through pay pal or else a MO.That is my thought now and tell her if she would like she can re-order and all should go through. That is what I did e-mail asking her should I send payment back for her to re-order or does she want me to send a MO.Also asked again to send me the fragrances she wants for the candles and votives so we can fill the order.

Is this what some would do and what if no answer again?? She is a repeat customer(2nd Order).Ordered last week and again this week so must be happy with my products.

THis has never happened but did get a order and no payment.Now no order but payment.

I don't know what to do next?????

Thanks

LynnS

Again I have a order. Not one where payment didn't go through because they may have changed their mind but payment went through and the first part of the order came through telling how many of what BUT the part where the order comes through with the different scents they want for the candles/flower pot votives is the one thing that didn't get through my e-mail.

I think computer went off like about that time and poof no complete order form from the on-line order.

I e-mailed the customer thanking her for the order and e-mailed to her what did go through for her to see and asked what scents she wanted for all votive and candles. No answer since yesterday so at a loss on what to do. Sure can't fill the order.Could send money back I guess through pay pal or else a MO.That is my thought now and tell her if she would like she can re-order and all should go through. That is what I did e-mail asking her should I send payment back for her to re-order or does she want me to send a MO.Also asked again to send me the fragrances she wants for the candles and votives so we can fill the order.

Is this what some would do and what if no answer again?? She is a repeat customer(2nd Order).Ordered last week and again this week so must be happy with my products.

THis has never happened but did get a order and no payment.Now no order but payment.

I don't know what to do next?????

Thanks

LynnS

My guess is she didn't select a fragrance. All you can do in this situation is send her an email which you've done, and then wait until she responds. Won't do you any good to stress about it until you hear from her!

Go to your shopping cart and see the order there. I have mals-e and every time I get an order, I go directly to the shopping cart...login and select "list orders". There is where you will get all the info for the order.

My email notifications don't give all the specifics (like a listing of the candle(s) ordered) and any comments the customer may have.

Try that...

Carrie

Thank You. I had problems all day yesterday getting into CT. After 3 e-mails and I sent back the money and told her sorry for the problem.Never had it happen.Now I have some other answers from all of you. I will check my website.Never thought about that.The first order was fine and she chose the fragrances.My computer was off line and thought it all came through but that. IT told 3 of this 3 of that and 7 of another but no fragrance. I forwarded that to her. Waited almost a day later and sent the other e-mail telling her I could send the money back and she can go through the order again if she likes.Let me know what you would like to do. Still didn't hear from her. Didn't like hanging onto the money when I am not able to do anything. Holds up the order.So 48 hours sent it back.

Today I will e-mail since she received the payment back if she still would like the order she can go back through the shopping cart. Tell her the reason I sent payment back is the order couldn't be filled and we will get on the order right away if she would like to order again. Then Thank her for her business.

Thanks to all of you.Going to check my website where the order came through.

I hope this posts.All day yesterday tried to get on here and if I did got kicked back off.My computer yesterday did have some problems.

I knew I would get some answers but no way of getting into the posts.Funny got into the fragrance posts but not the business ones.FIGURES.

If I can get back on later today will let you know if I found the fragrances on my site.

Thank You all

LynnS

THANK YOU,THANK YOU

I did go to my shopping cart and found the order and the fragrances. :yay: EXACTLY what usually comes through on my e-mails of a order received. If I had just been able to get on here early yesterday.

I sent the payment back but will go ahead and fill the order. I don't like hanging onto money and had no idea what to do. Was never given a answer. So order will be sent to her in a couple days.

E-mailiing her and telliing her I did go to the shopping cart after some suggestions from other people with websites.

Plain as day on shopping cart but I never thought to look there.:embarasse. I learn so much here.

LynnS

Unless your computer is a server, it won't matter whether your computer is on or off. Emails are stored in a server. For example, orders of mine are sent to mary@cormarcompany.com. If someone orders, the copy is sent to Voda's server for me to read it.

If your site is stored with a host, and not on your own computer, then it has nothing to do with your computer being on or off.

Glad you found your order....Like I said, it's simple, always go to your shopping cart and log in....yada, yada, yada. That's where you will find your orders in full....the email notification is a glimpse of the order.

And then yes, like MM said, computer on or off, does not make a diff....Your computer has nothing to do with receiving orders.....

It all happens outside your computer, but does happen on your websites shopping cart host.... Your shopping cart is not housed on your computer...

OK I see not being on-line had nothing to do if it kicked off just as order came through. Husband thought so and he fixes computers.LOL

What I wonder now is when I went to shopping cart and clicked on the order number it came up all she wanted and what should have come to me. BUT her name was not there like the order last week. Said unknown but last week's order had her name in the box and unknown. Then I clicked on order number to get the order.The order form/order number had her name address and all other info. She sent payment. I hope she wasn't changing her mind. I wonder now.

I am sure most don't know about this. All shopping carts are different.

LynnS

• 2 weeks later...

Has she replied to ANY of the emails you've sent her?

Why would you go ahead and fill the order now, when you've refunded her money to her? Who knows if she'll RE-order??

You were quite antsy to get an answer and then refund her money dont you think? If you would have just waited to hear from her or even waited to see what responses you got here, you would not be in this mess. JMO

I guess I was antsy. For 2 days my computer was acting up just most of the time getting on this Board. I wanted to get some responses on what to do. I got on but for some reason I wasn't able to post just when I was wanting answers.Seemed to kick me back off. I got the order late on Nov 19. On the 22nd and after not hearing from her is when I sent back the payment. I was receiving e-mails so I feel that was OK but just was having a time getting on here to ask what to do. My husband is always able to fix things right away but he had some work to do with this problem. All along I am in a tizzy.

For almost 2 days I waited for her to answer. What did she want?? Never did get a answer. I have to think by then MOST People check e-mails. She ordered before and I asked a simple question on that order but never got a reply. I just went ahead and sent the order. Must have been fine since she ordered again.

I keep in touch with about all my customers. Tell them about when order will be sent and if I see a short delay I e-mail them and tell them why. Most, really about all acknowledge and say that is fine etc. Got a couple that haven't.

The big mess I think was when my computer messed up.I was so ticked. AND of course when it didn't come through in my e-mails. When I did open up the order in shopping cart she said she loved the one fragrance and had to have more candles of that scent.

I guess I might not get paid or loose a customer. I am just honest and I want to do what is right.Customers are right. Just used to getting answers back within a few hours. Just assuming she didn't check her e-mails.It was late on Nov 19th I got the order.As you see I couldn't post till the 21st.

LynnS

Lots of people use sale mail. They don't use their regular email addresses and only check it right after they order to make sure the order went through. I have two myself to order online and the other to receive promos. I never check either one unless I'm about to order something or have ordered something. Does your setup not take phone numbers? After a few days, that would have been my next choice.

If it was late on the 19th and the post was the 21st, you barely gave her two days, believe it or not, some people don't check emails daily. Hell, I don't either sometimes. I get a different notify when someone orders, so I may not even go to the computer for a few days.

I don't refund if the site gets borked. I offer some extra free samples because not only do I keep their money for the order (and their business), they are grateful I'm making up for it.

I did get a phone number on the order and left a message.I use my cell for long distance but my home phone number I left for her. Plus it is on my website. I didn't get a call back.

She has ordered the second time. She does have her order and will be getting some % off for 2 scents for the flower pot votive I had trouble wicking. I (just today) ended up changing waxes after a big wick problem with these. A change in wax helped.I have had some wicking problems with the wax I have used for almost 5 years. Never a problem but lately seems everything is needing a large wick or a entirely different wick. Time for a change.

She will get some samples. She loves one scent I have and she got the 3 candles and 3 flower pot votives of another scent. Now finally will send these that I had been a problem.

My husband said the same thing.She might not check e-mails. Also might have gone out of town.

I try to fill orders within a couple days and wanted to get what she wanted to start the order. I did get the first part out in just a few days then told her about the wick problem and will come down on those 2 fragrances/candles.

I know how to check things now. Also after getting the doggone long e-mails that block my computer forever I know how to finish those off. Friend one time sent me something 40 times.She is blocked now.I don't want that junk to hold up my compuer and mess it up.

LynnS