Best Cucumber Melon to soap

WendyByTheBay

Hi everyone:grin2:!

I am looking for a Cucumber Melon FO that won't seize in CP. I have used the one from BCS and that FO will seize so fast I can barely get it in the mold. Sucks because it smells pretty good in CP but always looks like crap. I tried everything. I normally water discount and do room temp. Even full water and warm oils I can't manage to make pretty soap out of this one.

So does all Cucumber Melon fo's do this or is it just BCS'????

Any opinions would be much appriciated:wink2:. Thanks......

Wendy

www.WendyByTheBayCandles.com

that is odd

the one didn't move fast at all for me I used the BCN version

in fact I think they put it in the CP soap kit because it tends not to speed things up which is what they want for those new to cp soap making.

were you doing a discount? using warm oils? maybe something else was acting up.

Hey Misty, Ya know I would have never thought to use North's. Duh, stupid me. I know the South's just seizes no matter how I try to soap it. I get a lot of request for CM soap, so I need to come up with something and fast. I tried again tonight and the darn thing seized and started heating up on me as I was scooping it into the mold. Oils and lye was around 85 and was doing full water.

Every time it smells great, just UGLY, lol. I'll have to try BCN. Thanks

After soaping several cucumber melons that were just "ok," I soaped the one from supplies4candles that I bought mainly for candles. Wow! I rarely see anything about this supplier, but this is definitely a keeper for me. It behaved beautifully in cp, and the scent is just as refreshing in this soap 3 months later as it was in the mold.

Another one from there that I put in soap is Apple Jack & Peel. It's a keeper, too. It's great in both cp and wax.

well I thought I would report

I just made a batch of BCN cucumber melon cp soap

and it did set up fast on me. The first time I made that scent about 1.5 years ago it was just fine.

now I do soap with a discount and with warm oils/lye where in the past I did full water so that could be the issue?