Bummed about Hansel and Gretel's House

pixisprkl

I ordered a new bottle, smells delish. Made tarts using same wax, heating temp, dye, and fo load, and the hot throw is light-medium. It use to run me out of the house and give me a headache.

Problem is, some customers raved about it and I think they had tarts made from my old bottle.... new customers are saying it is light. So I test burned and yep, it is light.

I contacted the supplier about it.... waiting to hear back.

In the mean time, has anyone used TN candle supply H&G recently?? And is it still a phenomenal thrower?

I have used the one from genwax.com

that was actually one of the first scents I ever used when I learned how to make candles. Now like 6+ years later I can still smell those two small candles I never burned them.

Sucks to hear if they have changed that FO over the years. I should smell it again next time I am in the store.

Hopefully these different suppliers do not get it from the same manufacturer. :sad2:

Anyone know any other suppliers that sell it, or something really similar?

I looked on FOF and it did not produce any results for me. It said the candle Makers store had it, but when I went to look, I didn't see it on their site.

I ordered a new bottle, smells delish. Made tarts using same wax, heating temp, dye, and fo load, and the hot throw is light-medium. It use to run me out of the house and give me a headache.

Problem is, some customers raved about it and I think they had tarts made from my old bottle.... new customers are saying it is light. So I test burned and yep, it is light.

I contacted the supplier about it.... waiting to hear back.

In the mean time, has anyone used TN candle supply H&G recently?? And is it still a phenomenal thrower?

It would help if you said who you got the H&GH from.

It would help if you said who you got the H&GH from.

I know, I was trying not to say "who" until I heard back from them. Well, I heard back this morning and they told me to heat wax to such and such temp, stir fo for such and such time, and cure for a few days before testing. All of which I do. BUT, I have never had to cure this fo for tarts. NEVER. It has always been a HUGE thrower from the get go for me.

It's CS's. This bottle was ordered at the end of October. I am seriously baffled over this... if my bottle is a dud, what would cause it to be?

I just got it not too long ago (first time for me) so I can't really comment on the difference in throw. I know it gets 3 leaves on the site and I thought it was definately lighter compared to others that are rated the same. Still smells wonderful though!

It smells the exact same.... just not throwing like it use to.

I use to test burn it at 9% fo ratio, and it would smell up my whole house.... literally. You could smell it if you stood outside my front door with the door closed. Now, with 2 burning, 1 in LR and 1 in BR, I can smell it, but still at a med. throw. Not 3 leaf worthy anymore.:sad2:

I'm still using it in my 50/50 at 7% and it is throwing like crazy! I bought my last bottle in october and it smells just as strong. Could it be your wax? I know I've heard of changes in wax that could cause it.

I am still on the same batch of wax, so I have eliminated that. Plus, all my other good throwers are throwing great still. :confused:

I am trying it in my 4627 as a wickless to see how it does in that....cause it threw wicked strong in wickless candles with comfort blend.

CS is sending me a sample of H&G to test and see if it is the same as my 16oz bottle. Maybe I got the wrong oil?? If it is the wrong one, I imagine it could only be Cinnamon Buns or something like that. I have never tried there cinnamon buns so I have no clue....

Anyhow, once I get this sample and test, I will let you know if the problem was fixed or not. I hope so!